Top Social

NDP 2010

Sunday, August 15, 2010
So one day at NUS my friend was kidding and saying he wasn't gonna put back his tray because: "then I pay school fees for what?" Before anyone gets all flustered, yes I know we should put back our trays etc etc and yes I know school fees are for a myriad of other reasons. Like free healthcare and the opportunity to meet cute boys.
Anyway, today I saw a man bring his plate back to the stall, and pick up his fork when it dropped under a table along the way. And this was at a coffeeshop. So... my point is that it was pretty unusual.

Photobucket
For National Day Diana made reservations at New Asia Bar, which is at Swissotel/Equinox on the 70th floor! This meant that we would have an awesome view of the fireworks, but sadly I had no idea they started so early in the evening. So Alaric and I spent the time during which the fireworks started sitting in the car navigating around the dumb one-way streets the CBD is so bloody fond of.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket
The total bill was S$400+ o.O They ordered 4 bottles of champagne! Alaric and I had school the next day at 10am (like I mentioned previously, NUS students are the only morons going to school now) so we only got french fries. Which, er... cost $30.
Okay I mean the listed price was $14, but after GST and minor contributions for the like, 3 glasses of champagne the two of us has... Geez pretty expensive for french fries.

Photobucket
Diana and Jeannie.

Photobucket
Darrell never smiles haha.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Caleb looking blur.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Piggy on the right reaching for fries!!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Me: But I was saying that since she hit on him when drunk, means maybe like, subConScious feelings haha. Like deep down she's singing some Taylor Swift song to herself. "Can't you SEEEE, you belong with MEEEE"
(no link to above photos or anyone pictured above)

My friends in SDE (School of Design and Environment) are totally swamped with work already although it's just the first week of school. Sarah was in school yesterday (on a Saturday night) while I perfected my skills of doing nothing. Another friend said he has 7 assignments due over 3 days. I've only been at NUS 4 hours so far. Life is good!

And because I'm feeling relatively chirpy, I will say this: I love blogging! That will be all.
10 comments on "NDP 2010"
  1. alaric looks a little awkward sitting in between you and sultry looking diana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:55 PM

    hi! how did you achieve the swirly lights effect for these photos?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rilez: I don't see why he should be...

    Anonymous: That was done using Darrell's DSLR, by opening the shutter or smth cheem like that. But you can do it for digicams too! I mean mine can. You've to switch to Slow Synchro flash, which might be under Auto or Manual shooting mode depends on your cam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:14 PM

    Diana definitely looks sultry and she's leaning in too close to alaric

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:09 PM

    To the Anon above me; You're reading too much into it. Correct my punctuation.

    And yes, Diana is hot and sultry. She looks absolutely stunning bra-less in a black dress.

    Gotta love that red tape = P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:45 PM

    hi again! thanks for the camera tip, appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:49 AM

    hey! i asked u before! may i know where the cafe with a lot of cakes in bangkok is located at? like which shopping mall? :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous: Hi dear, I'm sorry but I don't know the name of the mall! However, it's just two train stops before Chatuchak and the mall is right beside the train station (it's like open corridors kinda concept)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:22 PM

    Wowee okieee thanks a lot :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous5:13 AM

    alaric only has two expressions while taking photos and i think he isnt good looking hmmmm

    ReplyDelete