Top Social

DOG PICNIC

Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Had a picnic on Saturday at Botanical Gardens that went to the dogs (and one ape).

Darrell created a Facebook event for it (WHO LET THE DOGS OUT), which consisted of him mostly typing out large chunks of rules we were to follow, some of which below:

#1 PLEASE DON'T BE LATE. ALL YA ALWAYS LATE. MEET FOR KOI ALSO CAN BE LATE. NOBODY WANTS TO BE FIRST CAUSE THAT PERSON HAS TO QUEUE. GUESS WHAT? WE DON'T HAVE TO GET A TICKET NUMBER TO GET INTO THE PARK. SO WHAT TIME IS IT? TIME FOR ALL OF YOU TO GET A WATCH. 3PM DON'T BE LATE!!!

#4 SUGGESTED BRINGING YOUR BOARD GAMES AND WHAT NOT. SO IF YA'LL WANNA GET ANYTHING YOU WANNA PLAY LIKE MONOPOLY OR CHARADES SPEAK NOW. AND AS FOR COMPETITIVE PEOPLE LIKE DIANA, FLIPPING MONOPOLY BOARDS IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN.

#5 PLEASE ENSURE THAT ALL YOUR PETS ARE STERILIZED - WE DON'T WANT SOME ANIMAL PLANET GOING ON AND NEXT THING WE KNOW WE GOT A SHITPOO (ASSUMING BAMBOO + CANDY) [SHITZU + POODLE] - AND TICK/FLEA FREE. SO TOO BAD TO TUBBY (SHAUN'S DOG) YOU'RE SO NOT INVITED YOU FLEA INFESTED MONGREL.

Photobucket

So the 4 dogs that were there that day (I didn't wake up in time to get a hamster first): Candy (Darrell's), Bamboo (Addie+Caleb's), Latte (Harresh's) and Snowy (Sarah's). Too bad Alaric's dog passed away recently or we could have brought her too!

Photobucket
Snowy, Latte and Bamboo.

Photobucket
Bamboo.

Photobucket
Latte!

Photobucket
Haha omg Candy is so cute!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Snowy and Bamboo's butt.

Photobucket
HAHA one ape!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Hat from Bangkok! The girls were supposed to wear hats too but visibly only Addie and I adhered to it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Took a polaroid for Sarah and her dog Snowy! Haha Alaric and I took a polaroid too, I leave to everyone to decide who's the ahem... "owner".

Photobucket
Candy!

Photobucket
Haha omg Candy is really the cutestttttt!!! This was while we were playing Taboo.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Candy in a basket!

Photobucket

And these were because I got bored and Photobooth-ed:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
My new gold-plated SOPHIE necklace! I had it made in Bangkok, it took about a week to be done so we had it mailed to Alaric's dad in Bangkok. It turned out bigger than I had wanted/expected but oh well!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Decided to try another yoghurt shop! This was from Swirl Art, located along River Valley Road near Spize. This cup cost me $8.50 I think, pretty much the same price of that at Soghurt.

+ points of Swirl Art is that they had Original Yoghurt, which I prefer to all the fancy schmancy fruit ones, and they had grapes! Their strawberry fruit bits weren't very nice, but the grapes and peaches were very yummy!
And yoghurt wise I would have to pick Swirl Art's. I tried Mango, Original and Green Apple I think, all 3 were very nice. I finished my whole cup of yoghurt!

Photobucket

Yum I feel like having yoghurt again. I really think there should be 24-hr bubble tea and yoghurt places, and even delivery! And seriously, if someone sold bubble tea or yoghurt at NUS, they would make crazily brisk business! And I don't mean the Koi milk tea that these students bring in in cartons and then jack up prices for (by which time the Koi bubble tea has become super diluted).

Oh yes and after the dog picnic we ended up at Zouk again (obviously without the dogs).

So as come the end of my holidays (sun, sand -sorta-, sea -sorta-, sleeping, traveling, movies, Farmville) approaches the looming flashbacks to lecture halls, foreign professors with heavy accents, boring tutorials (everyone knows it's just for class participation marks), blinding fashion faux pas by Chinese scholars, blogshop flyers staring at me every time I close the toilet cubicle door... and the realisation that ONLY NUS STUDENTS ARE STARTING SCHOOL THIS WEEK.

.
.
.
.

WAHLAO!
2 comments on "DOG PICNIC"
  1. Anonymous10:06 PM

    oooh i like the top u wore to picnic.. is it frm bkk?? it's lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:06 PM

    oooh i like the top u wore to picnic.. is it frm bkk?? it's lovely:)

    ReplyDelete