Top Social

Singapore Zoo

Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Yesterday was Alaric's and my first month anniversary, and we decided to visit the Zoo! We reached about 4pm, not knowing that the zoo closes at 6pm. (I say this as if we would have made it down any earlier either way, but whatever).
It's really stupid because the brochure says the Night Safari is 3minutes walk away, but the bloody thing opens at 7.30pm. If you really were intending to visit both you'd have nothing to do for 1 and a half hours, and the worst is that most of the eateries (KFC, KFC, Ben&Jerry's, Ben&Jerry's, Ben&Jerry's -_- and AhMeng's Kopi) (not kidding about the multiple KFCs/Ben&Jerry's) close at 6pm.

We managed to catch the Kangaroo Feeding (4pm and $5 for kangaroo food) and most of the enclosures we wanted to see. We missed out on the lions, polar bears and giraffes (+/- some other sordidly uninteresting animals).

I really don't remember how the zoos in other countries are, but I love how the Singapore Zoo allows close contact and interaction with the animals. I mean I could really just reach out and pet the animals if I wanted to (assuming they don't bite me) (got bitten last year hahahaha).
I think the zoo uses some weird reverse psychology thing. Like they give you the freedom and the onus to know where the boundaries lie and because of that, people somehow treat the animals responsibly (someone's bound to say except me since I got bitten, but it was sitting on a baby's pram lah okay not like I went to disturb it in its house or something).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Haha the small one beside Alaric was damn vicious! It kept pawing at him for food, so cute!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Cute!!!

Photobucket
Seriously damn lazy and damn well-treated. Behind the white tiger on the right you can see a slab of leftover meat, and there were others strewn about the enclosure. They've so much food they don't even finish it haha.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Mega huge turtle.

Photobucket
I spent a few minutes looking for the komodo dragon and wondering why its enclosure was so large (I expected a way smaller animal). Then I saw it. It's MASSIVE!

Photobucket
Rattlesnake.

Photobucket
Thought this picture turned out cool cause you could see my reflection.

Photobucket
What I was trying to capture. Anyway this was under the section: Singapore Snakes. So errr, yeah. Big.

Photobucket
Spent a few minutes looking for the toad too, shouted OMG when I finally noticed it was right in the middle. Huge as well!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Seriously super tame animals!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Goats look way cuter on Farmville.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Leopard cat! So cute!
Oh yeah and at the zoo I finally learnt how to differentiate leopards and jaguars:
Both have black circles on their bodies, but jaguars have another black dot/smudge in the centre of each circle.

Photobucket
Squirrel-y looking thing.

Photobucket
Penguins!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Gah just finished my first month with Alaric and I'm leaving already. By the time I come back our 2nd anniversary would be over and it's not really counted right? Because I wasn't here. Unless you look at it as getting through the second month on long-distance as a bigger achievement haha.

Watched Karate Kid the other day, it was a really good movie! Jaden Smith (Will Smith's son) was really awesome, he can dance and he's super fit. I mean he's 11 years old and he has a 6-pack? 8-pack?? 10-pack??? o.O Anyway the movie was really funny, everyone should go watch! (minus bad English by the Chinese actress)
Also caught The Killers, found it just alright. Ashton Kutcher looked really good in the movie, but the ending/conclusion to the story was pretty abrupt.

Been trying to order Coke Float at every McDonald's outlet. I love Coke Floats, it's a pity only some places have it. I tried making my own once (Coke+Ice Cream Cone) but I just ended up making a huge mess on the McDonald's table. At least at the J8 outlet the girl agreed to do it for me, just that I got charged for the two items separately.

Need to start packing for my trip soon ~ Goodnight!
12 comments on "Singapore Zoo"
  1. Anonymous4:28 PM

    Hey in your previous post quite some time ago you mentioned about this web to check the plagiarising + gramming mistake for essays. Able to share it? I can't find it in your previous post and I need it urgently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous: Turnitin.com haha lame name

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:11 PM

    where are you going for 2 years?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:12 PM

    oh my mistake. assumed "anniversary" as years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:12 PM

    oh my mistake. assumed "anniversary" as years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:03 AM

    what if he falls for someone else within that mth?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous: Haha then clearly he was not worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:31 PM

    what if he cheats on you while you are on holiday?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:28 PM

    Turnitin.com

    Is it free and accurate?

    Thanks so much for replying! Lifesaver~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous: Why's everyone so obsessed with Alaric cheating/tiring of me in that one month?? ):

    Anonymous: Yep turnitin is free and damn accurate! Unis use it to check for plagiarism, like we have to submit a printed report by turnitin stated how much (percentage) of our report could they match up to Internet sources/database. Usually I think less than 20% is fine? Can't remember. NUS and SMU use it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous2:18 AM

    because he seems like a total playboy babe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous4:03 PM

    hello ! the Turnitin.com, how can i submit for them to check my errors ? thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete