Top Social

More of Paris

Saturday, July 17, 2010
Hi all! This will be my last blog post from France, because tomorrow I will be taking the train up to Paris to catch my flight at 11.30pm back to Singapore! By the way my train is at 2pm, meaning I'll reach Paris Charles De Gaule Aeroport at 6pm -_- aka 5 hours in advance. I hope there's a good DFS.
I'll touchdown in Singapore at 6+pm on Monday. Feels weird to lose an entire day on the plane but oh well.

Anyway because I'm pathetic like that, I decided to count the contents of my luggage (currently 18kg).
Vests: 4
Denim Shorts: 6 (do you know how much space that takes already?!)
Skirts: 4
Tops: 25 (hahahaha wth)
Undies: 25 (same hahahaha like omg I have almost enough to not wash any for the whole trip)
Leggings/Tights: 5 (er btw I didn't wear any at all)
Dresses: 9
Belts: 7
I seriously found things in my luggage that I hadn't even remotely remembered bringing. They were just so far down at the bottom that I never wanted to take them out for fear of messing my stuff up.

Anyway so more photos in Paris, and at the Lido for my birthday!
Photobucket

Carmen and Eunice left the day after visiting the Eiffel Tower. I went to stay with my sister, who like many Parisians, live in the city during weekdays and go to their countryside home during weekends.

These photos were taken at the countryside home, which is about a 45 minute drive away (reached Saturday morning):
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
My nephew Hugo.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
By the way all makeup-less, so damn unglam haha.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sunday, when it was warmer so we could swim:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
HAHA I find these damn cute. Hugo's toy car thingy. It's super realistic, like it even has a reverse gear and all.



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sunday night we were back at the Paris apartment. My sister had to work, so I got babysitting duty the next day (kids are on holiday now). Hugo wanted to watch Shrek 3 (which I had obviously watched already, because films are so slow to come out here... having to do French dubbing and all that).

In France it's free-seating for the cinemas! So you have to go early and wait outside the doors... Probably why the lounge area is so nicely furnished:
Photobucket
Lots of couches for people to wait...

Photobucket
Haha curly locks.

On Tuesday we went to a nearby park on skate scooters because my sister actually bought one for herself -_- hahaha. Anyway Parisian are seriously beach deprived, because at the park they were in swimsuits and jumping into fountain jets, lying on the grass etc.
In fact, every year the banks/pavements of the River Seine is filled with sand to create a mock beach. Weirdest idea ever (I can't imagine trying to swim in that river), but it's proved very popular.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Ironic, but the sign says that going into the fountain is not allowed.

Photobucket
See! People picnic-ing like 5 metres away from the construction site! It's so odd to me but I guess we take it for granted that we can just go to Sentosa or whatever anytime we want.

At night we went to the Lido for my birthday dinner! The Lido is sorta like that Crazy Horse thing. It's super expensive! Like dinner + the show is 190 Euros each. Plus you have to tip to get good seats/tables, and tips go for about 50 Euros?! AND the photos that they take for you (like those you get at amusement parks) cost 20 Euros per photo wtf! Crazy expensive! But my dad got me two photos haha.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
My starter was fois gras (goose liver) with toast and peach slices. The food comes with a choice of a bottle of champagne or wine, I only took a glass haha. I honestly don't like wine. Champagne is still passable.

Photobucket
That's my sister, Florence. I took a photo of the printed photo. Fml I didn't inherit the green eyes. Then again obviously my sister has no Asian blood lah haha.

Photobucket
Cake time! Little bugger Hugo eyeing my cake.

Photobucket
Still looking at my cake!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Says Happy Birthday Sophie! And mmm macaroons!

Photobucket
Haha some sparkler candle thingy that they relit for me so I could have photos. I look mega excited!

Photobucket
Asking my sister if the sparkler could be seen in the photos.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Anyway to be honest I really dislike the Lido/Crazy Horse (of course I had to keep this to myself). The effects, props, setting etc were really very well done, but I HATE the fact that they are topless. To me it just cheapens the whole show, and brings it back to roots of women being scantily dressed like that for men (cabarets in bars and etc). I mean for costumes yeah maybe a top takes the attention away from the other props and detailing (feathers, sequins etc). But for some other outfits, such as full length dresses, the bust part was specially cut out or translucent to show their breasts? I mean, IS IT REALLY NECESSARY?!
Personally I find it makes the show like a very expensive dress-up of... boobs. I find that a shame because they go through so much dance training etc (although honestly their timing wasn't always coordinated) and it's like in the end the focal point is just their boobs. And I can tell you that dancing topless is not even comfortable, so it's not a practical idea. But apart from that, the whole performance was very well done!

Anyway, the following day (Wednesday) we went to visit the Museum of the Army (direct translation):
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Haha at his face when he realised he left his bag in the cab. Luckily there was only some old handphone (which had no line/SIM card) in it. And luckily we didn't let him keep the house keys that day (previously we had).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Inside Napoleon's tomb!

Photobucket
That, more specifically, is Napoleon's tomb. Massive!

Photobucket
Not sure who this is haha.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Look at the gun! (I don't know what that part of the gun is called. I guess the equivalent of the hilt in a  sword?) Super a lot of detailing! I found it quite funny actually. I mean you could spend the time and money designing more+better weapons rather than focusing on aesthetics right... If they had... for all you know France could be double its size now haha.

Photobucket
Weird helmet.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Weird thing to put on a handle, and weird handle to put on a cannon. (I tried lifting one but it was obviously futile).

Photobucket
See! Such nice looking cannons for what??

Okay gtg, getting up earlier tomorrow to finish packing my suitcase. Hello wireless everywhere and hot and humid weather! (Soon). MUAH!
13 comments on "More of Paris"
  1. Anonymous10:08 PM

    Hohoholy shit, you look rather weird without makeup. When was the last time you plucked your brows? 100 years ago?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:12 PM

    Hohoholy shit yourself!!! Sophie looks good with or WITHOUT make-up. It's call natural beauty. WDUK. You jealous??

    ReplyDelete
  3. how is it that a nine-year-old kid gets to watch boobies when he's just nine?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:22 AM

    Hi! What's the price range of the main courses at Chez Clément? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:46 PM

    oh please stop lying u had eyeliner on. aint that makeup? crap. and it looks like u had some foundation on too. perhaps waterproof

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there,

    Just passing by and I think you look gorgeous! Just all the mad haters up there, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous: Yawn I especially look weird when I do jump shots, regardless of whether I have makeup or not. Wah how you know, I haven't plucked brows since Middle Age. Good?

    Oppa Will: Dunno why got no minimum age. Thought there would be too. The kid's price damn cheap also, it's only 30Euros for meal +show?

    Anonymous: Hmmm should be minimum 15 Euros for a main dish! Like overall it would cost ard 20 Euros I think, depending whether you get drinks/dessert. But quite good!

    Anonymous: Nopeeeee. And I don't even wear foundation when I'm going out -_- you seem quite knowledgeable in it. It's not my fault you need foundation all the time.

    Andrea: Haha thanks dear (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:36 PM

    hey liar so u admit u had eyeliner on! haha cnt and deny. (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAHEHO9:40 PM

    Hey Sophie. I just passed by ur blog & love reading it! Especially all these recent posts :) I've also read the previous ones. You're pretty with/without make-up lor. I mean you won The New Face because you're pretty. If not why would the judges/people chose you? Awesome blog, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous: -_- I said nope right.

    HAHEHO: Hee thanks a lot! (((((:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terrence1:29 PM

    I enjoyed reading your blog, im able to see places that i otherwise would not have been able to see since i hardly travel. Thanks for that. You're unlike other girls around, pretty special person. Hope you do well in college.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Terence: Thanks a lot (: I try to talk about/capture what I know is different than from Singapore. I didn't think it would do very much, but I'm glad you like it! (:

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous2:49 PM

    i went to one of those (expensive) topless shows in las vegas.. i fell asleep. total waste of money. cant appreciate those kind of shows! (female here)

    ReplyDelete