Top Social

Brussels Day 1

Saturday, July 10, 2010
Sorry for the lack of updates, I only just managed to get Internet! It's prehistoric haha, because I'm actually connect to the modem with a cable (i.e. Broadband). Internet speed seems fine though so woohoo. Just no wireless.
Anyway here's day 1 in Brussels, which begins from us leaving London on the 2pm train! Will blog about day 2 tomorrow.

Photobucket


Photobucket

The metro system in Brussels is pretty dingy :/ Escalators are extremely rare and everything else looks kinda dirty. They're starting renovations to improve everything but it's gonna take a while I think.

We got to Brussels pretty late reaching around 5pm after the train from London (which made a stop in France haha). Left the hotel and took a train to what was supposed to be like the city area. Oh yes our hotel was just 2 stops away? Really central, we were located right beside the European Commission and other EU-related buildings. Pretty much all offices so the whole area was totally dead after 5pm.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Mine was Speculoos and Caramel! I don't particularly like ice-cream actually, and if I do eat it I usually take flavours like coffee or hazelnut. I prefer water-based ice-creams (like those cheap $0.90 Solero ones) to cream ones, and if I take the cream ones I don't like fruity flavours like strawberry haha. Hence hazelnut. I like hazelnut.

Oh yes that's my I Love Paris necklace which I specifically bought from Diva for this trip. Clearly I was not in Paris then, so that's just me being antagonistic haha.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Tram tracks!

Photobucket
Oh yeah for some reason there are an insane number of Japanese/sushi restaurants. So many locals we crossed kept thinking we're Japanese?!

Like for example when I took this picture the guys sitting opposite being typical street idiots started shouting "Eh the Japanese! You want a photo huh huh?" and etc, which I could obviously understand because it was in French. I might have forgotten to mention this, but in Belgium most people speak either German or French.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Top is from Primark! It's part of a pj set haha. We all decided that today would be super dressed-down. But no one can beat Carmen in "cui-ness" (Addie doesn't know what cui means. She thought it's like CMI. Like that it stands for something haha)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The whole of Brussels is super artsy. This bench isn't a defect/got hammered in.

Photobucket
Told you no one can beat Carmen with her Snoozers are Loser tshirt haha. (Also from Primark to sleep in).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Stella Artois restaurant!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Watching the Spain-Ghana (I think) match!

Okay gtg my nephew has been chasing me for the last 10 minutes to go play with the neighbours.
6 comments on "Brussels Day 1"
  1. Anonymous9:50 AM

    hey that girl in the 11th photo (i think), blue top, is super pretty!!! is she addie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous: ? Haha no, Addie's damn small and looks super different, I've known her for ages! This is the cousin of my friend Carmen (: her name is Eunice. Carmen and Eunice came to Europe with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i will be flying tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:20 PM

    OMG Primark is AWESOME!!! I missed it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tom Willocq6:13 AM

    Here in Belgium people speak Dutch (Flanders), French (Wallonie) and German (Luxemburg) and sometimes English on the seaside... and in the big cities you will often hear other languages like Polish, Bulgarian, Turkish or Arabic.
    It's a small country with lots of languages :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tom Willocq: Haha are you really a Willocq too? Anyway I just basically knew Belgium was split into mostly French-speakers, German-speakers and Flemish-speakers? Yeah I saw that Brussels already had a huge mix of people from different ethnicities, but I guess I was lucky that majority (actually all) the people I met spoke French.

    ReplyDelete