Top Social

London Day 4

Wednesday, July 07, 2010
London Day 4, Hyde Park & Buckingham Palace.
Photobucket
By the way this lj-cut thing sucks because only one post appears on my main page. Just need to use this for my insanely long posts about my trip right now.


So on our last day in London my friends woke up at 7am to queue for Wimbledon tickets -_- by extension this meant I had to wake up at 7am too, although I had no intent to queue 3-5hours under the hot sun and pay 50+ pounds to watch two men hit a small ball back and forth.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Insane queue!!
Anyway I headed to Hyde Park alone instead because I was pretty keen on visiting London proper (other than H&M) but Carmen and Eunice weren't interested at all. And the verdict is that OMG. HYDE. PARK. IS. SO. AMAZING. I swear, you know all those typical romantic/family park scenes you see in movies? Totally exists. It was just so lovely. Such a gay word, but I can't think of a better way to describe it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Really, really pretty trees where you can walk below their branches and be totally sheltered!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

HAHAHA.

Photobucket
MAGICAL TREE ON THE LEFT.


Photobucket
It's like a cave with all these entrances! So awesome! And inside you can stand up straight.

Photobucket
And the entire tree is covered with carvings made by couples omg so romantic!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
In Hyde Park so many people just go there for a quick snooze or to rest or something. It's really very lovely and very relaxing.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Change of guard at the Buckingham Palace! It happens every day at 11.30am.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Haha cute!

Photobucket

Photobucket
So bloody crowded.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Went to some park opposite Buckingham Palace where there was a playground too. So many squirrels!
By the way I didn't like my clothes that day at all but I wasn't sure where I'd be going so I just picked this randomly.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Haha I find this funny. I mean it looks like wood shavings. I think it IS wood shavings? Makes it seem like children=hamsters to me. And the way it's done; like a sunken zoo enclosure haha.

Photobucket
A lot of office workers go there for lunch and just lie down to read their newspaper.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Oh yeah I finished reading Life Of Pi. Was slightly confused by the outcome at the end but thought it was a really good book overall!

Photobucket
Took this through my sunglasses zzz.

Photobucket
Bumped into ANOTHER friend in London! Like hahaha omg double coincidence! Oh and this was at this store called Primark. It sells tons of stuff at really good prices! Like clothes are max 10 pounds, bags/shoes 3-9 pounds etc etc. They even sold suitcases and rugs and all that, so tempted to buy haha.

So overall I thought London was a really nice place to visit. The food was honestly not exceptional, I really got very sick of sandwiches after a while. The people and streets were colourful though.

I wouldn't say the dressing of people there was a lot better. In the beginning it looked good because I saw a lot of florals, but after a while I realised most girls there were in floral skirts and gladiators. Like it became an equivalent of Singapore's tunic + shorts/leggings + slippers combo. I mean in the end they still all look the same right? But of course there were more individuals that dressed well there than you'd see here. The English accent is sooooo funny though, think I managed to master some of it after a few days haha.

Oh yes English people are not very helpful. During our travels we encountered a lot of stairs with our heavy luggages (Carmen's was 21kg wth haha). In Paris almost every single time someone would offer to help us, and in Brussels a few times less. In London NOT A SINGLE GUY OFFERED. Only one woman offered once?? And we said no lah I mean she's a woman too.

Photobucket
Oh yes this was when we saw a street mime. I gave him 2 pounds so that Carmen and Eunice could get to see what it was all about. Basically street mimes stay completely immobile the rest of the time, except when someone drops them a coin. Then they start dancing or doing a little performance and eventually go back to being still.

Too tired to recollect my thoughts on anything else about London. If anything I'll just lump it in when I blog about Brussels and Paris. Bye!
6 comments on "London Day 4"
  1. Anonymous9:20 PM

    hey what black slippers are you wearing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous: Haha just Havaianas. Normal strap ones not even thin strap or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What camera do you use? The quality of your pictures are good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily: Sony DSC-WX1 haha I've been asked this so many times that I can remember. It takes really good photos! The rest is just lighting/contrast in Iphoto (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:33 PM

    Hey Sophie, did you visit Princess Diana's memorial fountain while you were in Hyde Park. It's a lovely place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous: Nope I don't know about it! I honestly do not like Princess Diana at all.

    ReplyDelete