Top Social

Update!

Tuesday, March 08, 2011
Way overdue photos of Alaric's birthday in January (he turned 23). Actually I don't really have photos cause I feel awkward to take any since it's all his friends! But anyway people kept asking what I got for him so I took photos of that.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Chanced upon this banner and bought it from the NUS bookshop! I was going to buy him a helium balloon too but Party City at Holland Village was closed ):

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Made him a scrapbook! I made one for Addie once, both are fully handmade (i.e. I never use ready-made books or materials). I wanted to use a nicer ribbon but I didn't have any long enough (kinda had to rush making this) so I just used some string haha.

Photobucket

Photobucket
There are quite a few more pages than the ones shown here! While I was making this Hamlet was running around on my table. She was so cute! She'd run into a corner, sleep an hour, run out a while, run into another corner and sleep another hour and so on.
But at one point she walked unto a page, PLUCKED OFF a sequin I had glued and then tried to eat it hahahahaha.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Haha I know it's very plain and understated, but the display piece looked nice because it's been more worn in! There's actually very limited options for guys' wallets. I checked Bottega, Prada, etc but there was nothing much.

Alaric didn't have a proper wallet before this, and for presents he likes the whole "surprise" thing so it was quite difficult to choose one he'd like... He kinda liked this bright blue Bottega MONEY CLIP wallet but I refused to buy it hahaha. I mean seriously, money clip wallets cost the same as a normal wallet and are so useless.

Photobucket
I know he didn't want a coin pouch (if you're wondering why there isn't one) so there were really quite limited choices! I feel sad for guys haha.

I tweeted the other time about how Ronal McDonald had let me go to a dinner ^^ and anyway it was a 4-course meal by McDonald's!
Photobucket
Absolutely shocked when I went into McDonald's hahahaha. The tables had white linen, flowers and silver cutlery. CUTLERY.
The staff actually came round to ask what drinks we'd like and so on. Haha it felt sooooo weird!

So anyway the first item was the Filet-O-Fish Quiche on the right! The little cubes in it are literally Filet-O-Fish pieces!

Photobucket
Ginormous salad, with dressing in a small bowl.

Photobucket
The new Chicken McGrill burger!

Photobucket
Fries, in a bowl. With sauce, in a bowl.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
So sparkly! I thought it would feel rough like how glitter polishes usually do, but it's totally smooth!

Photobucket
The colour is China Glaze's Jitterbug.

Photobucket
My friend Sherry is one of Zouk's new door bitches, so we dropped by Velvet for a while before catching a movie (:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Does anyone else find that the guy on the right looks a little bit like Marshall from How I Met Your Mother?

Photobucket
Haha Shaun got braces! It makes him look so much younger!

Photobucket
And here's my new hole-y sweater from F21.com! The holes make it a little strange, because when the wind blows (I make it sound too romantic. I'm actually referring to the air-con draft) I feel cold at only specific spots on my arm where the bigger holes are haha.
10 comments on "Update!"
  1. Anonymous11:41 PM

    Love the wallet you bought for your partner! I didn't know MacDonald had high-class dining:) Love reading your blog. You blog went UP real fast. Mad Envious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:35 AM

    the scrapbook looks real sweet, esp that movie ticket that you kept and this is coming from a guy lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharith: McDonald's doesn't have high-class dining, it was a one-off event I was invited to through Nuffnang! Anyway my blog didn't exactly go up fast... I've had it for 5 years lol and when I first met you I already had 1000+ unique views daily.

    Anonymous: Hahaha I actually keep almost all movie stubs, because at one point I had this project of sticking them all together (annually though). So basically for one year I stuck all the movie stubs of that year together, and they formed more than one A4 piece lol.
    But hehe glad a guy thinks my scrapbook is sweet ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:40 AM

    Hey do you know of any places that sell nice coin pouches for guys? Not too ex though!! Thanks =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:23 PM

    How long did you take to make the scrapbook? It's rly nice! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cowabanga8:05 PM

    No offence but why does Alaric look wasted all the time?

    The scrapbook looked so awesome! It was even better than the wallet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice rings u have there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the scrapbook too. looks like an enormous amount of effort. Hope it was well appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:48 AM

    omggggg, may i know where you bought your jesus/mary bracelet (3rd pic) from?? thanksxzzzz :>

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous: It's from F21! Got it a pretty long time ago though! You might be able to get the same one from Catholic churches although that might be a little weird.

    ReplyDelete