Top Social

Brunette

Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Actually every time I think of the word "brunette" I think of Veronica from the Archie comics, because she's so proud of her brown hair. Do the kids today even still read Archie? Or are they too busy on their DS Lites or DS Whatevers? I loved Archie comics ): I still read them sometimes.

Anyway so I finally had my orange-y hair changed to a nice brown, courtesy of Bugis Essensuals!

Photobucket
Every time I go to the salon I always head to the fruit juice + snack stall (located at Bugis Street)! I always get green apple juice and a cup of sweet corn (did I ever mention that I love corn? I can eat corn straight out of the can) but the corn wasn't ready that day so I got the fried chicken instead which was good too!

Oh and I brought my Sociology of Inequalities readings, which were so boring that I literally fell asleep in my chair and only woke up with the hairdresser going "Miss? Miss? Are you okay?".

Photobucket
Black roots and a tuft of hair poking out with is my fringe that had grown far too long.

Photobucket
Meh!

And here's the result:
Photobucket
Okay it's kind of hard to see because of the bright lights behind me, but it's a very soft-looking brown!

Photobucket
(Oh yeah at one point I went down to Burger King to buy a drink, still fully clothed in the gigantic Essensuals hairdressing robe thing. Too kewl for yew! Okay no but fine everyone stared).

Photobucket

Photobucket
Updated with polaroid pictures!

Photobucket


Okay I don't know why but I look kind of weird on the left. I was wearing the pupil enlarger lenses again that day because I grabbed that by accident instead of my usual lenses, so I just figured - never mind.
Big mistake -_- like I said before, I have astigmatism which coloured lenses don't have, so my vision was really blurry. Totally gave me a headache (but I also had a mid-term that day, which might have contributed...).

Photobucket
On the right is the bag I bought in London last June from Primark where everything is really cheap! I finally unearthed it because it's a good size for carrying A4 items.

Photobucket
Two pictures from a blogshop shoot. I find that my hair looks different under different types of lighting, but I think it looks pretty good here!
And what the.. I just noticed I'm essentially doing the exact same hand poses here. I promise I have more variety than that! It's a coincidence!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Two Diva plastic bags for meetups...

I nearly died packing all the stuff from my selling post. I really have no idea how blogshop owners do it because it is so frustrating trying to squeeze an item into an envelope, and then having to repeat that like 20 times.

What about blogshops that are pretty successful/busy, but not big enough to set up a physical space and hire staff? Omg I'd rather pay someone $7/hr (higher than the $6/hr being paid everywhere else ^^) to do it if I'm a blogshop owner with lots of stock.

So anyway if you have any questions about prices of the different hair services or general hair woes, ask Bugis Essensuals (and not me)!  Click HERE for their Formspring!
8 comments on "Brunette"
  1. wow. i can't believe you walked down to BK while having that bib and dye in your hair?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:35 AM

    wah even when you shoot down blouse, also cannot see anything wor..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought Veronica had black hair?? I love reading Archie comics too! They're very fun to read, cheers me right up.

    Btw, may I know where you got the lilac-coloured tank top you're wearing in the photo which you said you looked weird+wearing the pupil enlarger lenses?

    ReplyDelete
  4. mind sharing where you got ur cream knitted cardigan from? its nice!
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous: If you could see anything I wouldn't put it up right -_-

    Mabel: Haha yeah she has black hair but she's referred to as a brunette! I dunno whether they consider it the same thing.
    It was originally the top with diamantes that I wore when I met Qiuting and Xiaxue (the post titled QQXXSS or smth). It's from TheBlogShop, I plucked off all the diamantes and kept them.

    S: http://www.forever21.com/heritage1981/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=FOREVER21&category%5Fname=81sweaters&product%5Fid=2000007175&showBACK=OK

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:16 PM

    have u ever considered a pixie cut?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:51 AM

    do you know that tracyeinny pays their staff $6/hr? kinda underrated, no wonder they are still rolling with big bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous: Haha only when I'm past 30

    Anonymous: Most places (commercial shops, restaurants etc) pay their staff $6/hr leh so it's not really unexpected.

    ReplyDelete