Top Social

PhotoYou

Tuesday, January 31, 2012
These behind-the-scenes photos of a shoot date way back... almost a year in fact. I had forgotten all about them because as usual I never got to see the end product of the shoot :(

Anyway this was a simple shoot for PhotoYou, a photography magazine managed by Reader's Digest. If I'm not wrong this is meant to appear in Autumn 2011? If any of you happen to be/have a photography enthusiast in your family who might have bought it... LOL.

So yep this was a half-day shoot and it was just supposed to be a simple photo to accompany an article about... flash photography? Or something like that?

Since it was supposed to be natural/stock-photo-ish (like the kind that accompany articles of love/work/health/etc in e.g. Cleo) I could wear my own clothes!

Photobucket
Photographer in the background. This was not long after I had DIY-ed my hair orange hahaha.

Photobucket
Makeup area! Bulbs not lit.

Photobucket
I had to be taught how to hold the camera in the "proper" DSLR way because at that point I had zero prior experience handling them before. Big, bulky, expensive alien-looking things.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Tried out different colour background + top + hair combinations in case! I don't know which was picked/preferred but I personally think the hair down ones were better!

Photobucket
Sending off some sample, unprocessed shots to the client.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This was so long ago that I don't remember very much about it... I just know that it was quite short and that I had worked with the photographer before for a L'Oreal editorial (if you're an older blog reader you might remember it's the one where I had a stye on the day of the shoot haha).

Hope everyone had a good weekend! Mine was so hectic which was why I didn't blog earlier :( 
I have a 6-hour school day tomorrow and still so much to do first now :(
9 comments on "PhotoYou"
  1. Anonymous4:55 PM

    ha ha your fingers are really damn fat!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous: LOL yes they are hahaha why you like this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:19 PM

    Anonymous: is that the only thing you saw -.-! say something better !
    Sophie: hello Sophie, I like you! You're pretty :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:37 AM

    you are damn cute la!! rofl i would squish your fingers every time i see you if i were your good friend HAHAHH

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think your first pic is the nicest! the one with the white background. nvm, ppl will see the dslr first before they notice your fingers... hopefully lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:05 PM

    May i know where can i get that Leopard Dress? Thankyou!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha why everyone noticing my fat fingers FML.

    Anonymous: It's a tank top from Cotton On!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1:04 PM

    I saw you at Orchard Cineleisure, you were sitting down near the popcorn place. I passed right next to you but I didn't had the courage to say anything ahah You look even prettier irl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:24 PM

    Heyyy Saxy Lady!!

    ReplyDelete