Top Social

CNY 2012

Monday, January 23, 2012
Hope everyone is having a good CNY!
It's one of the few holidays where you don't get to sleep in at all T_T

I'm wondering what CNY will be like in a couple of decades. I think when I'm a parent it'll still be relatively traditional & early because our parents (turned grandparents) would still be around, but by the time I'm a grandmother I think everyone will only roll out of bed & go to each other's houses at night lol. And maybe we'll order KFC (as their advertisements repeatedly try to make us believe...)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
This is a Tokidoki unicorn that Alaric bought for me because I saw the picture & thought it was cute!

CNY for me this year was at Siglap at my cousin's place, where my grandma is right now.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Thought it matched better with this black bottom at first, but you know what they say about black for CNY... So I unearthed this floral skort which I never wore (recent purchase) because it's too small for me T_T

Photobucket
Bunned up my hair & put in a bow. Haha CNY is one of the occasions where I feel like... I can dress weirdly. I think that actually applies to most festivities, because you're somehow pardoned for any fashion faux-pas. Like no one thinks I'm weird for wearing a reindeer hairband at Christmas.

Photobucket
That's the horse from Toy Story right?!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lots of doggie pictures...
I only just realised that I didn't take pictures of anything else other than the house & the dogs hahaha.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Count a total of 4 dogs! They belong to my 2 cousins (so they have 2 each).

Photobucket
Can you tell which is the hyperactive dog?
You can't even see her because she's always an excited blur, but it's actually a 5-year old beagle that my cousin recently rescued from a puppy mill :') I guess that's one reason why she's SO excitable now, because as a breeding dog she never experienced any warmth or love.

Photobucket
Opposite. Chillax max.
I think even if she wants to get excited she can't even move around much on her stubby legs hahaha.

Photobucket
Wah I have no clue how this happened haha. GHOST DOG!

Photobucket
This is a mongrel! I mean clearly he isn't a purebreed, but this is still a really rare mix-mongrel! Never seen anything like this before. This dog was found abandoned at Pasir Ris.

It was probably mistreated previously because it had serious issues warming up to people; it would growl if you tried to pet it. But now it's all good already & he's become quite manja.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
HAHAHA SO CUTE!
Small electric Mercedes car for my little nephew!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Harrows!

Photobucket

Photobucket
I'm actually not one of those crazy-for-soft-toys types (I'm faithful because I only hug one to sleep every night!) but this big, white Care Bear was selling for only $10! :O
I swear, I was really tempted to buy it for friends too hahaha, but I wasn't sure who would want a big Care Bear lol. But anyway it's super soft & fluffy so I'm happy!

So sleepy 
z_z 
I was up at 10am today & only got home from visiting at 8pm. 
I really don't recall how I did it back in secondary school & JC with the 6am - 8pm days...
12 comments on "CNY 2012"
  1. Anonymous6:59 PM

    where did u bot the care bear?! i also want! xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:15 PM

    May i know where u bought your $10 carebear? :D
    Happy CNY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice! your photos are getting better. just have to work on the modes and lighting rate and your perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous: Nex (it's at Serangoon MRT), lvl 4! It's near-ish the cinema, one of those shops with lotsa random gift stuff shit that everyone hates hahaha (like mugs, photo frames etc) & toys too! Normal kid toys. Hope that helps!

    Laila: Lol I don't really see an improvement haha fml.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:20 AM

    Hi Sophie, may I know what eyeliner do you always use to line your lower waterline?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous: The same as for my eyelid - Sephora Nano pencil eyeliner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:42 PM

    Hi Sophie :)
    Can I know where to buy the Tokidoki unicorn? I am trying to find an outlet for it. Thanks a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:27 AM

    Hi Sophie!
    For the Sephora Nano pencil eyeliner, will it smudge?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous: My boyfriend bought it from Ebay! There is an official online retailer but the shipping is expensive.

    Anonymous: Why would I use it if it smudges?

    ReplyDelete
  11. where did you get that gorgeous top?! I've been looking for one!

    mango
    mangotatoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous8:38 PM

    Can I know what's the price of the Unicorn? It's so CUTE ^^

    ReplyDelete