Top Social

NAPBAS Kuala Lumpur

Monday, December 26, 2011
The day after the NAPBAS dinner awards were for us to explore Kualar Kumpur! I figure most Singaporeans have been to KL at least once in their lives & I have too of course, but it had been really long since I last went up to the capital!

So anyway this was our (Qiuting & my) hotel bedroom! Haha yes there is only ONE bed, although it is very big. Gosh I have not had these girl sleepover thingys since I was in Junior College!
Qiuting needs to sleep with one light on... So for both nights I slept on my right side to avoid the light!

Photobucket

The bed is so big & comfortable! I want one in my room :'(

Photobucket

So that night after the awards I crashed on the bed & Qiuting asked me to fake a model pose: "werk it"


Photobucket
LOL ok no.

Photobucket
Qiuting didn't wanna take off her makeup yet because of all the effort!

The rest came over to play Monopoly Deal & we ordered room service for supper so we all slept pretty late! Didn't make it on time for breakfast lol (in fact, we didn't make it for the 2nd day's breakfast either haha).

Next day!
Photobucket
Our hotel room window overlooks the driveway :( I'm sure the other side would have been much nicer because this hotel is a resort!

Photobucket
Took the hotel's cab (flat rate: 70RM but ok, comfortable ride!) to Sungei Wang, which is supposedly sort of like Far East Plaza here!

Photobucket

Grabbed lunch from one of the eateries near the entrance; this restaurant was not too bad! Nice ambience & acceptable food for a reasonable price. I didn't catch the name but if you're there I'm sure it's easy to spot!

Photobucket
My Shirley Temple! It's a mocktail that I order sometimes in Singapore, but frankly the one they served me there sucked because it had mint in it :S
Totally killed the taste + the mint leaves texture sucks + it looked disgusting once everything mixed.

Photobucket
M&M mascots outside Sungei Wang!

Photobucket
Spent ages trying on variations of this pair of heels!

It was like 70% off or something, so it became... 68RM? Around S$30+
I originally wanted the beige colour in a different version but the shop's sizing was so messed up!

I'm normally a Eur 37, which fit me ok in black. In beige, even the Eur 39 was still too small! So finally I had to settle for the one in the picture :( Which I quite like, but I do have a lot of black heels.

Photobucket
Sugar-coated fruit sticks! Surprisingly nice! Usually this novelty stuff that LOOKS yummy (like chocolate-coated strawberry) sucks balls.

Photobucket
Mega huge Sephora shop!

Photobucket

Photobucket

There was some kind of bears-of-the-world installation in front of the Pavillon in KL! Didn't have time to search for Singapore's especially because everyone wanted a picture with them too.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Beary fun! LOLOL #lamepun

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Christmas decorations inside Pavillon!

Photobucket
Woah... nicer than all of Orchard Road's malls leh :(

Photobucket

Photobucket
Freaking carousel in the Christmas set-up!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Headed to Times Square afterwards, which is a shopping mall with an indoor theme park! Too bad we only have slightly over an hour before the shops closed :( And anyway Qiuting is a massive wuss for theme park rides!

Photobucket
Krispy Kreme donuts! Snowmans! So cute!

Ok frankly I don't even like donuts. But they're novelty so ok! Buy back to Singapore!

Photobucket
I got four peanut butter ones because I like peanut butter lol (duh). A box of 12 like this is 19.90RM, which is approx S$8! Pretty worth it I think.

Photobucket
Here's my overall KL haul in a couple of hours! Spent all my cash (this always happens to me on trips).

The 3 malls we visited:

1) Sungei Wang
The top floor is full of Jap/Korean stuff which are nice, but not cheap! There are still shops there selling things for 10-30RM though, which is approx S$5-S$12. The middle floors are mostly "everything at 25RM" shops.
They have a Daiso outlet there! 5RM/item, stock is more or less the same but I still bought quite a lot of stuff!

2) Pavillon
Atas mall. Here you can find Marc by Marc Jacobs, Coach, Zara etc. Can't remember if they have the high-end (Chanel, Prada etc) boutiques too. But anyway the massive Sephora is right in front of Pavillon!

3) Times Square
ROLLER COASTER. First 3 or 4 floors are normal brands (e.g. Adidas). SKIP. Above that are lots of small shops that sell reasonably nice things at good prices!

If you're going to KL, definitely try to cover Sungei Wang & Times Square! If you only have time for one... I can't really decide which is better but I think I did buy slightly more at Times Square.

Overall however I wouldn't say KL is particularly a shopping destination! I mean sure, there is shopping, but you know... not on the same playing field as Bangkok lol. Bangkok is like pwroahfchtf *ten shopping bags*

But of course compared to Singapore it's still worth a visit, especially since prices have totally increased at Far East Plaza & Bugis!
10 comments on "NAPBAS Kuala Lumpur"
  1. Wow that cab ride was expensive. Sungei Wang is my fav place to shop! Some stuff at the top floor can be found in the middle floors for half the price though so I always head there LAST. RM 25 clothes are everywhere (although honestly, they're only good for not-too-tall small sized girls most of the time).

    I LOVE that black shoe btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually Times Square, Sungei Wang & Pavillion is all within walking distance...the cab fees is seriously expensive...

    Pavillion have ALL those atas brand that you wanted...Prada, Hermes & etc all have :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah looks like you had fun! :D
    And you look so pretty <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing your long legs make me want to kill myself! Lol. Beautiful black heels btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sophie. I really like your natural look. Also the pics of you on the bed (I found one on qiuqiu's blog) look so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:30 AM

    hey sophie where is your polka dot skirt from? very cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isabel: Haha it wasn't a normal cab! More like... a limousine service? But it was some fancy schmancy limousine lah... just a nice normal car with free water & nice interior! I think if you have someone to share the fare with it's quite worth it since the trip isn't that short :)

    Leki: We walked from Sungei Wang to Pavillon! but from Pavillon to Times Square we took a cab lol. But ok lah.. he only quoted us 10RM & we didn't know where it was anyway!

    Sachie: Thank you! :)))

    Mickey: Hahaha yes I know the pic with the bears my legs look extra long there *shameless*

    Shyr: Thank you :) I thought she over-edited my face though lol. And the flash seemed a bit glaring so I posted the no-flash one instead!

    Anonymous: Bugis Street, lvl 2!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you don't know how to go from sg wang to times square. u can go there by lrt. just a station away. cheaper than cab.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous2:16 AM

    the lrt from times square to sg wang costs rm1.60 only =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10:46 AM

    You should also visit shopping malls like one utama, midvalley and sunway pyramid.

    ReplyDelete