Top Social

NAPBAS Dinner

Saturday, December 24, 2011
I'm splitting up the NAPBAS (Nuffnang Asia-Pacific Blog Awards) post into 2! :D Today's post will just be of the dinner awards itself.

Anyway the first NAPBAS was held in 2009 in Singapore and is attended by Nuffnang bloggers from all over the region! NAPBAS occurs every 2 years & this year it was held at the Marriot Putrajaya hotel in Kuala Lumpur! This is my first time attending :)

Nuffnang booked 2 coaches to bring the Singaporean bloggers up to Kuala Lumpur, which left on Friday morning. The awards were Friday night itself, with Saturday for touring the city & Sunday for the return journey!

The bloggers from the other countries (Hong Kong, China, Australia, Philippines, Thailand...) get it the best because they get to take flights down! LOL I hope the day comes soon when the NAPBAS will be held in Australia *fist pump*.

Photobucket
Wendy touching up her makeup in our room!

Qiuting & I shared a room & I guess... due to it being the non-couple couple room (Couple 1: Wendy & Mike, Couple 2: Jessica & Sam)... everyone would come to ours!

Cheesie (Malaysian blogger) came to our room too & the 3 of them (Wendy, Cheesie & Qiuting) took lots of pictures in our room.. & I'm in none!

Quoted from Qiuting's blog:
"If you're wondering where Sophie is.. SHE IS IN THE BATHROOM! =.= She freaking chill one!!! Still can nap and laze around when we only have 2-3 hours to dress up. We say she half angmoh so she haolian. LOL."

Haha we reached the hotel room at... 4.30pm? Dinner was at 7pm. No time to nap meh?! Everyone was astounded that I was even planning to wash my hair first since they all went straight into curling/tonging their hair! But... I didn't wash my hair before getting on the coach so no choice...

Downstairs for the award dinner:
Photobucket
Qiuting & I! With her carefully curled hair lol.

Photobucket
LOTS OF PEOPLE! Didn't expect it to be so crowded! Oh & poor Wendy in the background who had to take pictures with a zillion people that night haha.

Photobucket
I wore a sequin outerpiece/dress from Topshop that had been sitting in my closet for ages because it looks a bit too dressy for normal nights! Actually I bought it simply because it was on sale lol.

Photobucket
With Qiuting & Jessica! And Brad's left eye.

Photobucket
Haha I don't know where Wendy is looking... that's Mike with his newly permed hair ;)

Photobucket
Wendy & Mike with one of the founders of Nuffnang, Ming!

Photobucket
Wendy's hair & Mike's suit look nice here so I'm posting it up despite both of them not looking in the right direction & Mike's eyes even being closed lol.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Brad & the nomination board for the Best Food Blog, posing with his blog!

Photobucket
With Esther!

Photobucket
Qiuting & Cheesie. People say they look alike; do they at all?! I see no resemblance leh! Maybe just the... hair colour?

Photobucket
With Brad & Qiuting!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Qiuting & Huiwen! Huiwen is the blog manager for the Singapore branch of Nuffnang!

Photobucket

Photobucket
With Jessica, Qiuting, Wendy & Cheesie!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
With Velda & Beatrice on the right!

Photobucket
+ Jessica!

Photobucket

Photobucket
With Chaigyaru from Australia!

Photobucket
Dinner table!

Photobucket
Cheesie, Wendy & Mike! Also at the table with Qiuting & I were Cheesie's blog manager as well as the Singaporean nominees for one of the parenting blogs!

Photobucket
First course - Seafood terrine. I ate Qiuting's share LOL.

Photobucket

Photobucket
The 2 Nuffnang founders! Timothy also just proposed to Audrey (Malaysian blogger) via memes & the video is now going viral!

Photobucket
Hehe Huiwen, the Singaporean manager!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Brad as one of the food blog nominees!

Which...

HE WON!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Best Food Blog - Brad! (ladyironchef)

Photobucket
Best Fashion Blog - Cheesie! (cheeserland)

Photobucket
Most Influential - Wendy! (xiaxue)

Photobucket
Region's Best Blog - Wendy! (xiaxue)

The Region's Best Blog is the biggest award of all & isn't open to nominations! The winner is picked based on the highest total scores out of the nominees for all the different categories.

So in total Singapore took home 3 awards at the NAPBAS thanks to Brad & Wendy! I didn't really keep count but I think one of the big winning countries was the Philippines! So exciting :D

Group shot of all the nominees & winners:
Photobucket
LOL at an Australian blogger who wore this really cute dinosaur dress! Like omg the dress has a TAIL. Hahahaha no clue how she could sit comfortably in that!

Photobucket
And finally... a picture of me with the NAPBAS backdrop ^^

The next NAPBAS will be in 2013 & competition will be even more intense because Nuffnang is expanding to more countries in the region! If I'm not wrong, South Korea is one of them :) Haha Qiuting keeps saying it's gonna be damn difficult with all the super pretty Korean bloggers.

Anyway everyone was so dressed up! Lots of girls wore full floor-sweeping gowns :O I don't even own one of those! Haha I decided on my outfit... around 5 hours before the coach left the Nuffnang office. Ok next time I need to get something with extra extra bling LOL.

P.S. When I think about it... I think the Singaporeans were the most underdressed. Doesn't necessarily mean they didn't look good! Just that very few of us wore gowns :)

Ok hope everyone enjoys their Christmas Eve!
7 comments on "NAPBAS Dinner"
  1. Too much hair!! hahaha you look gorgeous btw! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it looked like so much fun! I wish blogging was more influential here in Canada like in Singapore!

    You also look so pretty! You look quite tall compared to the others lol, how tall are you? :>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shely: Thank you :)

    Sachie: I'm sure it'll slowly get there! :) I think blogging is pretty big everywhere, just that the Nuffnang concept (blog advertising) is one of the pioneers in the region so they got a headstart! I'm 173cm :) definitely taller than the average Asian haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your dress! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. How tall are you after wearing heels babe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mickey: Thank you :)

    Jane: Well my heels are 4-inches high, so I'll be 183cm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:58 PM

    even though you do nothing to your hair but it's always so lovely! Envious!

    ReplyDelete