Top Social

Bangkok Pt. 1

Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Photobucket
Myanmar Airlines International, in case you were wondering! It's a really small plane, and well... I think it's ok. Service is fine, seats are ok...

Photobucket

Photobucket
They even served a meal, which is quite strange since it's only a 3-hour flight in the middle of the afternoon! Anyway the MAI logo is so weird, it looks like the head of a goblin on a pegasus' body.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Got a Thai massage at HealthLand, which is not a dodgy kind of spa place at all. You should definitely go there if you're planning on getting one, the place looks fantastic and the prices are very reasonable!

It's considered somewhat upper-class there but it's only 450 baht for a 2-hour massage, which is not even $20 here!

Photobucket
Hahaha random Mickey Mouse Snooker outside our hotel.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Lots of makeshift/portable bars like these, but this was the nicest!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Even a portable currency exchange business! Haha I mean they even have some kind of ATM machine thingy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Prawn Tom Yum and veg.

Photobucket
Green Curry.

Photobucket
Omelette and some kind of fried chicken wrapped in leaves.

Please do not ask me which restaurant I ate at and etc, because there are TONS of eateries all over the place; everywhere and anywhere you go in Bangkok, so it's easy to find something good to eat.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Another "bar"! These seem pretty popular actually.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Pay 100 Baht to set one cage of birds free! If I'm not wrong it's a Buddhist custom.

Photobucket
Not chicks, these are the common small birds you see around.

Photobucket
We did think that maybe they had some way to catch back the exact same birds we pay to have released but... oh well.

Photobucket
We were on the fringe of what must be the Arab enclave, and wow the transition and density is quite sudden haha.

Photobucket
Cute light ring that projects an image!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Wound up at a bar playing Monopoly Deal.

Photobucket

I'll do a small guide to Bangkok soon so in the meantime please do not ask me where I ate, sleep, shopped, shat, how much this or that was etc etc!

Not much pictures of me/us anyway because Bangkok's more about dressing down to trawl through floors and floors of shops, lugging shopping bags, avoiding puddles in streets, dirty rainwater dripping on you...

But I've seriously discovered a new love for Tom Yum soup! So yummy, plus the prawns in it are usually pretty big! Have decided to abandon Green Curry for Tom Yum once and for all. I feel like eating it again nowwwww.
6 comments on "Bangkok Pt. 1"
  1. pretty<3 looks like fun!
    C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for your guide to Bangkok! I'm planning to go next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geran5:56 AM

    I just came back from Bangkok also! No nightlife pics? Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:12 PM

    Hi Sophie! May I know where did you get your mustard cardigan from?

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww I've always wanted to go to Bangkok! thanks for 'taking' us with you ;P so lucky i was on a 6 hr flight from ny to california and all I got were a bag of peanuts and a cup of gingerale lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful and creative. Keep it up lady!

    ReplyDelete