Top Social

It's as easy as...

Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Last Monday I brought Sherry along to the premiere of Easy A, which opens in cinemas here on the 25th of November!

Stupid Sherry was super late (although usually it's the other way round haha) but luckily Qiuting happened to be at the premiere too if not I would have to sit alone. Watching a movie alone would be so depressing, especially at a premiere full of invited bloggers! Like I can totally imagine everyone thinking "Wtf does she have no friends?! So cheapskate; free movie so die-die she'll watch it even if she's alone?"

Photobucket

Anyway I REALLY like Easy A! It's funny and light hearted without having to resort to lameass and unbelievable scenarios of stupidity by one character.

Will try not to release spoilers, but basically Easy A is about Olive (played by Emma Stone) and how a little lie she told her best friend about having lost her virginity escalated into full-scale school gossip. Thereafter, she decides to embrace this rumour because at least now she gets noticed and guys start talking to her (albeit for the wrong reasons)!

Obviously eventually it gets really bad and students even start asking for her to be expelled, led by a group of hilariously anal and prissy Christian students (Amanda Bynes plays the ringleader). I found this super funny cause usually it's the "bitchy" gang, but here it's like the wanna-do-gooders.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Amanda Bynes (on the left) has grown super fat by the way. But she's so funny in this movie!

Photobucket

Photobucket
I think Emma Stone is pretty and she looks hot in the corset+jeans cause she's got nice long legs, but here she looks kinda fat. The shorts are really not doing her a favour, probably cause they're a bit too small. Sounds judgmental, but I expect celebs to be practically perfect!

Photobucket
I love Olive's parents, they're super funny too! All couples should be like that, even when they get older and have kids!

No idea if I made the movie sound like a typical chick flick, but I really like how Olive's character stays grounded and humorous throughout.

Photobucket
Please stop asking me where the mustard cardigan is from D:

Photobucket
I look like I'm in pain here hohoho.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Unglam!

Photobucket

And... two random photos of Alaric at his golf lessons:
Photobucket

Photobucket

I've just started my study break, meaning I've no school this week! Sigh public holidays (today) lose their appeal when you don't have school anyway. Taking photos of my outfits daily are also becoming a chore cause I'm just studying at home/Alaric's so... I haven't washed my hair since Monday night. (IT'S NORMAL LAH OK! Lots of people don't wash their hair sometimes!)

I wanted to study in school today but my friend just Tweeted a photo of the queue to enter the library and... holy shit it is MASSIVE! Why must everyone be so hardworking?! Don't these foreign scholars and exchange students (I kid, their grades don't count, so only the foreign scholars) have dorms and common rooms to study in?!
Wahlao eh they already flood the Dean's List and screw up the bell curve for everyone else, can't they at least leave the library for us small brains to study in? They seriously need to take a break and go watch something on Tudou. And profit from being able to access Facebook while in Singapore.

K bye!

P.S. The title of my post has absolutely nothing to do with the movie title.
22 comments on "It's as easy as..."
  1. love sherry's skirt!:)
    may i knwo where it is from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:55 PM

    What are you a fucking anorexic?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:58 PM

    "Wahlao eh they already flood the Dean's List and screw up the bell curve for everyone else, can't they at least leave the library for us small brains to study in? They seriously need to take a break and go watch something on Tudou. And profit from being able to access Facebook while in Singapore."

    word! lmao. (y)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:01 AM

    Do you really think that Amanda Bynes is fat? Wow, you are so out of tune with the real world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous: I'll ask her and reply again!

    Anonymous: No, just skinny. What are you fucking retarded?

    Anonymous: (:

    Anonymous: Wow so you mean that there are lots of people that are actually really fat and obese. GENIUS. I already clearly stated that I expect more of celebrities. LEARN TO READ. If you were to look at e.g. Britney Spears at her fattest, most people out of reflex would also say Omg she's damn fat now. You think all of us don't know that there are super fat Guiness-book type of fat people? Why do you think you're so much smarter? Wow, YOU are so out of tune with the real world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:45 PM

    Queen Latifah is fat, and she's a celebrity. And so is Jennifer Hudson, Jordin Sparks, America Ferrara, Gabourey Sidibe so on and so forth. They are all fat, so are you going to go all judgmental on them?

    I really like visiting your blog but after reading this entry, it seems you are being like one of those self-righteous, superficial bloggers. It's really sad to see you becoming that way. I guess you're gonna tell me to bugger off since its your blog and you can write anything you want blahblahblah...oh well...

    Oh btw, I think you should do something about your chin. It looks really long and weird, like the chin of Jay Leno. Im sorry if I sound judgmental, but I expect models like you to be practically perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous: Does the word "BECAME" fat register with you? And I never stated myself to be a model, not do I consider myself one. I have also mentioned multiple times that I feel that celebs should have higher standards to maintain because they have the means and money to do something about it. So your "comeback" does not make sense at all because like I said, I am not even a model, and I clearly am not a wealthy top model with the means to do something about my looks like getting a fitness instructor or whatever.

    If I were a top model and grew fat, by all means you can lambast me. My agency already would be telling me I need to lose weight urgently.

    And HELLO? Tell me what I can do about my chin?! Saw it off?? I couldn't care less if you wanna be judgmental about my chin, but telling me to do something about it is so completely ridiculous.

    Plus your answer is SO typical. Whenever I say something that disagrees with whatever you think, you pull the whole "I used to like you but you've changed, you're this this this now" and then even act all smart and preemptive by including the "yeah this is your personal blog" part.

    If you really did respect that notion of a personal blog, you wouldn't be trying to tell me to change my personal viewpoint. You don't tell a person you've just met that you don't like their way of thinking do you? (unless it's something obvious like all murderers should run free)

    I am entitled to my own opinion about these celebs, nor do I even try to create some hate site to tell them what I think about them or leave nasty comments, the way you are for a person like me who is NOT even a celeb.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:15 PM

    Screw those foreign students, esp those from China. Zzz

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG.. Why do you have readers so fucking rude???

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not me hor.

    ReplyDelete
  11. pls vlog soon Sophie Willocq.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous11:42 PM

    She was making a comparison....... God, I hate these anal, brainless people.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous11:57 PM

    @anon 445pm. No one will notice if you stopped liking sophies blog and stopped reading it. So go and fucking do that quietly instead of kicking up a big bitch fit. No one gives a damn about your opinion if not they would be reading anonragingbitch@blogspot.com.
    So just saying, take your opinion and shove it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Her tummy is kinda weird yeah..you should expect celebrities to work-out more. Oh and you're so cute <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous11:31 AM

    I am amazed at your patience in replying to that irritating anonymous. Just ignore them next time. You shouldn't waste such time and effort on such people! Everyone has their own opinions and whatsoever. To that anonymous, If this isn't the place where you like, please scram. I am sure everyone feels differently towards different people or issues. The difference is that Sophie is daring enough to say it out on a public blog. Unlike some losers who just feel it but don't even dare to say anything. I don't believe that at a certain point of your life, you didn't feel that someone is fat/ugly/disgusting... Please grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous3:05 PM

    She's not asking you to change your viewpoints, she's just telling you that you sound completely self-righteous and superficial. How about YOU learn to read, darling? :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. amanda bynes is fat now what haha...nice uptight anonymous needs to take the stick out of his/her anus.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous: Hilarious. I also said "You don't tell a person you've just met that you don't like their way of thinking do you?"
    and
    "I am entitled to my own opinion about these celebs, nor do I even try to create some hate site to tell them what I think about them"

    Do you see the words TELL repeated there? So here I shall have to repeat myself again- why do you feel the need to tell someone you don't know, what you think about them? And it's not even "I personally don't agree with you" etc, but rather a "YOU ARE THIS THIS AND THAT". Isn't that indirectly telling me I should change since I am soooo THIS and THAT and it would make you "happier" if I stop "becoming that way"?
    And you don't acknowledge that I am fully entitled to think what I want about celebs. WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO GET INTO YOUR SKULL?!

    Just like how you can think whatever the hell you want of me because it is your right, I can think what I want of a celeb, and at least I don't tell them I think they are this and that. You don't bother telling someone what you think of them, without expecting them to consider your opinion right? So clearly by leaving these comments, you want me to consider the fact that YOU think I am thissss and thatttt and etc.

    And please don't bother using "she", when you are clearly the same person. And I really hate people who put smiley faces at the end of a nasty comment. It makes you even bitchier. How now? I only TOLD you I think you are bitchy. I'm not telling you to change how bitchy you are at all. Good day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh and to the very very first anon: I finally remember to ask Sherry, she got her skirt from New Look! (:

    Lunaria: Thanks dear! Is your hair really green?? It's damn bright haha omg you're super brave.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous8:43 PM

    you said claudia schiffer's face is common. what were you thinking when you said that??? makes you look insecure you know, even if you're not.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous10:16 PM

    i think the issue is more about why being skinny is held as being more desirable (here i admit i'm assuming that that's what's implied by the expectation for actors/actresses to be skinny). i get that that's what the industry demands, but maybe being healthy doesn't necessitate being skinny?

    i'm not attacking here, i'm just raising a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous: Wtf is your problem? So you feel that everyone looks the same and have zero preferences for any kind of look? If I personally prefer studious looking boys to sporty ones, then how? Got hidden meaning?

    If I think Taylor Swift looks more unique than Miley Cyrus, HOW? MEANS I'M INSECURE TOO?
    And FYI, I made a comparison between Claudia Schiffer and the new wave of models from Eastern Europe, whom I find have a more interesting face, precisely because they're novel.

    I can't have a preference for a kind of look? Is there some moral standard of "prettiness" I have to adhere to? I also think Katy Perry isn't that pretty. HOW. Sue me?

    Anonymous: I think sometimes it's extremely unfair that you can make comments/jokes about so many other physical characteristics, but never weight.
    Why is it okay to laugh at a girl for being too skinny? It was never fun being called "Olive Oyl" when I was a kid or receiving nasty comments about my sharp chin.

    Saying that a person is fat is just that- stating a visible fact. If an observer gets riled about/indignant about this, it's because they themselves have preconceived prejudices about fat people and as such automatically assume the comment to be negative.

    If I told someone that XXX is Chinese, that would mean NOTHING at all if the person has no notion of what a Chinese person is. But if the person is racist, they automatically tag attributes to XXX, and hence just because I described XXX to be Chinese, it becomes a negative comment about them.

    ReplyDelete