Top Social

Blog(shop)-ing

Saturday, November 20, 2010
I'm busy with exam preparations now so I'm just gonna upload photos from blogshops!

Photobucket
I quite like this photo done by Clothes & People! Since I'm having exams they got another girl to take over for me, so go take a look.

Photobucket
Okay lah okay I have to be fair and upload her photo as well hahahaha. Pretty right?

And below are photos done with PolkaDotPigs. The studio was the same one as the Essentials shoot I did with Xiaxue last time (a.k.a insanely crazily far out in the East -but cabfare was actually okay-). Sigh the photos are supposed to be larger but as usual Photobucket can't figure that out. Oh well!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So I've started to get approached by Mass Comms students for interviews/questions about blogging.
I remember Xiaxue used to complain about these and how she has no time for them. Haha so now that I've started getting some, am I now considered a "blogger"? ^^

Anyway since I spent time answering these, I figured I might as well post some up. The girl (from NTU) mentioned that she emailed a few other bloggers but that only Qiuting and I replied and I mean I understand how it's like to need stuff for schoolwork so... I agreed!


1) At what age did you start blogging and what made you decide to do so?
I first created a blog in Secondary 2 because it was the latest trend, but didn’t actually or actively blog till I went into Secondary 3 and a class of active bloggers, where we all spent time designing individual or matching blogskins and leaving comments at each other’s blogs.

I enjoyed blogging, switched blog URLs a few times and wound up where I am today with my current blog.

2) Did you ever expect your blog to attract so many readers when you first started blogging?
Not at all! It began really just more as an ordinary participating-in-the-current-trend thing. One day I decided to install a statcounter and kept checking back because I was really anxious - What if no one read my blog except a few of my friends? Maybe even my secondary school schoolmates all thought my blog/I am boring?

Hence I was really pleasantly shocked to realise that at that point, 400 people were reading my blog daily! It was really completely unexpected at that point!

4) Knowing that you have about 1500 unique views/day (do correct me if I’m wrong!), do you feel that you have to be careful with how you express yourself whenever you blog?
The most problematic would be yes, how I express myself. Often no matter what I talk about, I tend to get comments from people who disagree with me and these comments aren’t always nice or constructive. It becomes very difficult to please/NOT offend readers when there is a fairly large variety of them.

7) Have you ever considered becoming a full-time blogger? Why or why not?
Haha no not at all. There are very few bloggers who would be able to live on the income made from blogging alone, and I already have the opportunity to study and get a normal job. I don’t think blogging is a particularly stable job unless you are Xiaxue and there can only be one of her, so I need a back-up plan for sure!


SO CUTE OMG MUST WATCH! Hilarious :o face hahaha. This video has been on Facebook for a while and finally someone uploaded it to Youtube!

P.S. Actually now for unique views I'm averaging 1800-2000+ unique views! There was one day (7th November, a Tuesday) where I hit my highest of all time: 2430 unique views and 4277 hits! I have no idea why at all cause I mean it wasn't a special day or anything. But of course I'm not complaining (:

P.P.S. I actually recorded a video of myself singing hahahaha. Will upload it soon.
16 comments on "Blog(shop)-ing"
  1. Anonymous9:14 PM

    They made a good choice; she's more pleasant-looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous: You know it's really sad that you feel you need to leave unnecessary comparisons like these about me. Anyway perhaps you could email them your feedback? They have a blog too, maybe if you leave multiple comments under different names complaining about my looks then they might take it into account? Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. personally i don't think you should be modelling for blogshops. you are too up-class for that, you should be in magazines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:50 AM

    too up class? wtf? oppa how do u even draw the line? Im not trying to say sophie's not pleasant looking but one can perhaps say she cant compare to the modelesque magazine models. Stop stalking and start getting real.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder who's the stalking one here. Hmm..

    ReplyDelete
  6. for one, Sophie doesn't look like those girl-next-door plain jane type. her face is capable of representing a wide range of brands and products because of her versatility. She can even model for products such as whitening deodorant spray as she has very clean and fair looking armpits.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:09 AM

    Hi Sophie,

    Did you configure Photobucket to upload ur pic in >1MB (or something like that)? That way, your photo will appear the size it is originally in.

    And Oppa,

    I dun think modelling for blogshops is a bad thing. It's a good practise and exposure platform for all models. When the studio pics turn out nice, like Polka Dot Pigs, it's another addition to the model's portfolio.

    Just look at blogger Beatrice. There is no doubt that a large portion of her fame started from her modelling for Bonito Chico and coupled with her blog, look at the deals that came in for her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i think you have misunderstood my comment anon, I am really not saying there is any intrinsically bad abt modelling for blogshops, i just think more doors should be opening for Sophie, and that i think she wld look great both on screen n on print.

    ReplyDelete
  9. btw is it just me or do everyone wants to cane Sophie's ass...damn....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous4:41 PM

    You're such a sweet girl! & i like how you reply to EVERY comment, unlike some bloggers. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous7:19 PM

    can't wait for the song vid

    ReplyDelete
  12. HAHAHAHA oppa is HILARIOUS - love the comment about the whitening deodorant ad.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't get why your anons think you're not as pleasant-looking but still come back here TIME AND AGAIN. Cannot just click the X button meh??!?! Muacks Sophie, ai ni max hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Hazel your dad reminds me of mine. i love your dad's 'you have to have drive' speech.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @oppa wtf you're quite the stalker.

    anyway sophieeeeeeeeberry you have more lovers than haters so dunch worry. don't get affected by cheebye cynics. wuff u ^^

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous4:38 AM

    Thanks for the helpful post! I would not have gotten this otherwise!

    ReplyDelete