Top Social

Bobbi Brown Workshop

Monday, November 08, 2010
Photobucket
This is kind of like the After of the makeup workshop, although I had already wiped off some of the eyeshadow and everyone looks good in Photobooth anyway (really!). Read on!

Photobucket

The workshop featured their latest range of products and was very hands-on, teaching and helping us along step-by-step! For this workshop I brought along Sherry (pretty much my guinea pig for all such outings hahaha).

Photobucket
This is us at the beginning of the workshop. We were slightly late because we got super lost trying to find the building! Poor Sherry (or stupid) took a taxi from within the CBD area because she couldn't figure out how to walk from the MRT station, so the starting fare with CBD+peak hour was like $6+.

Anyway, imagine our horror when they told us we had to clean off all our makeup! (Actually I don't even know why we were surprised. I mean how else can you learn makeup without trying to apply it yourself?) So glad we hadn't just come from home or it'd be so stupid to have dressed up to wipe it all off haha.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Me without makeup! There was actually one more no-makeup photo but I somehow look cross-eyed and so I refuse to post it up haha.

So anyway most of you should realise Bobbi Brown's makeup focuses more on skin tone (e.g. concealer, foundation, bronzer etc) rather than eye makeup.

After we wiped off our makeup, we had to put on a series of creams and skincare products to preserve our skin beneath the makeup. This meant moisturizer, eye creams, vitamin serum creams, lip balm and so on!

Next came the part about giving yourself great-looking and even skin! The makeup artists went around to us individually to test and help us choose the colours that best suit our skin tone.

Photobucket
This is me after corrector + concealer + foundation + powder! Okay lah my dark eye circles are really quite hopeless but it looked better after the corrector especially.

Photobucket
And this is me acting idiotic while I apply blusher. Remember to smile while doing it! The makeup artist said the first 2 strokes should be on the cheekbones leading outwards, with the 3rd stroke leading upwards and all the way towards the ear/hairline.

Photobucket
With blusher and red lipstick. Looks kind of weird at this point because red lipstick is quite outlandish, but our eyes look so naked.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Drawing the eyebrows now. I didn't have to do it (the makeup artist agreed) because my eyebrows are so thick already hahaha.

Photobucket

Photobucket
At this point I became the guinea pig to demonstrate the eye makeup on haha.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Sherry with eye makeup, but she didn't follow what the makeup artist was doing because he was demonstrating a party/glam look on me (complete with glittery eyeshadow) and we both had school the next day in the morning.

Photobucket
Me with all the makeup they put on for me! It's a little thicker (aside from the fact that I don't put on foundation and mascara normally) than what I'd wear because they were going for a more dramatic look.

I know most people say that mascara is really important but I am SO lazy to wear any because I hate trying to get it off my eyelashes at the end of the day.

Photobucket

Photobucket
8 comments on "Bobbi Brown Workshop"
  1. Hey! For the Bobbi Brown Workshop, they said that the items are redeemable. Are the brushes included? Thanks in advance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kailin: Hmm I'm sorry I don't know cause it just said redeemable in Bobbi Brown products but didn't specify which. I'd assume they would be products from their latest collection, which comprises more of eyeshadow palettes and lipsticks I think. But I really don't know so perhaps you should clarify with them first! (: Try asking on their Facebook?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:48 PM

    where didja get your black bag from? looks really chic!! (: thks in advance:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:48 PM

    where didja get your black bag from? looks really chic!! (: thks in advance:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:35 AM

    where are your jeans from!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous: Haha it's like an imitation of a Charles & Keith bag pls (so it's an imitation of an imitation/"runway inspired") hahahaha. yventually.livejournal.com

    Anonymous: Urban Outfitters (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:16 PM

    Hi!:) any plans to sell this top anytime soon? Haha!:) unfortunately it's all sold out at trading past:(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous: Yeah sure! I'd definitely sell it eventually to make space so if you want it now you can email me! (: sophiewillocq@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete