Top Social

Milly's Award

Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Milly (the nail salon that sponsors many bloggers) was receiving a young entrepreneur award at MBS so she invited us to be her guests for the night! She was one of the youngest of all the winners :O

Anyway I brought out my new camera (Panasonic Lumix G3) so that Yutakis can teach me how to use it haha #meganoob.

Test pictures all done on Qiuting haha:
Photobucket

Photobucket
Here's her eating halfway.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Woah woah... I take close-up-pictures-of-sordidly-uninteresting-items! Means... #mustbeapro. LOL.

Photobucket
Please look at the artistry of capturing condensation on the glass.

Photobucket
Ceiling lights.

Photobucket
Milly getting her award in her gown with the long train! And an old man with his horrid balding head spoiling the shot :(

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Milly's award! IT IS FREAKING HEAVY.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Yutakis, always camera-ready.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Milly and Kaykay!

Photobucket
My 5-inch JC Litas! Thankfully both Yutakis and Eric are really tall. You can barely even tell I'm wearing heels if I stand beside Yutakis.

Photobucket
The clutch I used that night. It's nice but... clutches are really freaking troublesome and inconvenient.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Now that I'm a photographer... haha I kid.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Rotted a while at the hotel room Milly had booked!

Photobucket
And here's a group picture taken from Eric's blog!

Oh if you're ever intending to go down to MBS during peak hour... please take public transport. The jam was SO bad. I literally took 40mins to crawl down the short stretch in front of the MBS hotels ALONE. I saw people getting out of cabs and deciding to walk the rest of the way in. Sadly I drove that day so I had to inch my way to the carpark where it's compulsory valet (not that I wanted to spend anymore time in the car omg).

P.S. I don't know what's wrong with my brain. Recently I keep typing/writing the wrong words despite thinking of the right one. They're not misspellings or inversions, just... different words. Nice = night, books = boobs, way = why. They start with the same letter and are roughly the same length, but that's it. This isn't dyslexia right?! And I never had problems before.

OMG WIKI SAYS: "Additionally, dyslexic people often substitute similar-looking, but unrelated, words in place of the ones intended (what/want, say/saw, help/held, run/fun, fell/fall, to/too, who/how etc.)"

O.O
But... I realise my mistake when I read through it! Aren't dyslexics unable to recognise that they mixed up a word? Or does it seem correct to them? And isn't it a lifelong issue, just discovered at different ages? *panic*
5 comments on "Milly's Award"
  1. hi sophie where did you get your dress? it looks like the verle tiered dress on shoplabellavita but in a different color, really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:54 PM

    Don't panic! :) Did a research paper on dyslexia in my post-grad course and it occurs from young. Anyway, do you see colour blots which block out your words? And do your words shift around while you're reading? If not, then you most probably don't have dyslexia! It happens to the best of us - typing the wrong words and stuff - so you shouldn't worry too much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:27 PM

    omg that happens to me too... (quite recently) replacing words with.. another word of same length :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:02 PM

    hi sophie, been secretly reading your blog, and the clutch you used was reall ynice, may i ask where you got it from as i'd like to get it for my friend's birthday!

    thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:21 AM

    i love your hair accessory :)!!! and omg...5-inches!!! so pro aha.

    ReplyDelete