Top Social

Makiyo

Sunday, November 13, 2011
Photobucket
Picture taken by my BB.

Pictures below are taken by my new camera, the Panasonic Lumix G3! I got it 2+ weeks ago and I'm still quite a noob at using it... so don't judge this camera by the quality of my pictures below LOL.

And you have to note that personally I prefer brighter, high exposure pictures rather than those with high contrast and vibrant colours! But yeah I'm still figuring out the settings so... not really achieving the desired shots yet *loser face*.

Anyway not too long ago, Xiaxue invited her friend Shuyin, Yutakis, Eric and I to a meet-and-greet session with Makiyo, who is a half-Japanese Taiwanese celeb. If I'm not wrong she does mostly hosting and singing, but she was in Singapore as the brand ambassador of Sophie Monk facial products :)

Photobucket
Yummy macarons!

I originally thought it was Sophie Monk the singer from that mega old girl band called Bardot, which was created via some reality show and fell apart in weeks. If you remember this, you're awesome! ^^ But anyway, no it's not her lol.

Photobucket
It was held at Quincy Hotel, which is located up the hill behind Mount Elizabeth Hospital at Orchard!
(I know, information has zero relevance to my face filling the entire picture above).

Photobucket
Cool glass pool in the background!

Photobucket
Om nom noms.

Photobucket
Haha Eric and Xiaxue testing out the Siri function on her new iPhone 4S. Siri couldn't understand Eric's English at all hahahaha *troll face*.

Photobucket
Makiyo! She has a very strange voice really, it's kind of nasal in this cute way.

She's actually wearing a bracelet that Shuyin and Xiaxue gave her! Xiaxue personally blinged the letters MAKIYO unto a plain silver bangle.

Photobucket
Underneath she's wearing a sequinned dress. She took off the sweater as we were leaving in preparation for her singing gig afterwards and changed into glittery gold stilettos.

I guess these are small plans/details they have to think about! But when she first came down it was quite amusing because she was surrounded by a whole entourage lol.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Makiyo autographin her CDs for us!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Lol we were all discussing how celebs have nice signatures!

Photobucket
She's very cute and chirpy!

Oh and I forgot to mention this... She only spoke Chinese hahahaha. So I didn't say anything :(
I mean I could understand what everyone was saying of course, and I can make simple conversation, but I felt embarrassed!

Photobucket
The pink streaks Makiyo has in here hair!

Photobucket
LOLOL thick-skinned... iPhone camera also want.

Photobucket
Another one!

Photobucket
One of the face masks! Their stuff seriously smells like strawberry.

Photobucket
I think here she was talking about hair extensions or something.

We got to bring home quite a few of the Sophie Monk products! I'm a lazy girl when it comes to skincare... I don't even use makeup remover, and do nothing but wash my face twice a day (and if I don't go out I don't even go near a sink hahahaha).

Photobucket
These Little Twin Stars masks weren't the ones presented at the session that day, but they had spares so they gave a box to each of us! It's a tie-up between Sanrio & Sophie Monk.

I tried one of the masks (it's the face sheet kind) and it's really VERY moisturizing! But I got restless and took it off early. Not used to doing this kind of thing! If you want tips, follow Makiyo's. She says that she applies the mask in the morning, whereas apparently most girls do it at night. I guess it makes sense to moisturize your face before makeup!

P.S. It's stated on the Little Twin Stars masks that they are not tested on animals! ♥ ♥ ♥ Not sure about the other products though.

and lastly, two pictures taken from Xiaxue's Tumblr:

Photobucket
Yutakis, me, Xiaxue and Shuyin. Oh dammit I only just realised Eric is not in it lololol ok going to his blog to rip a picture now...

Photobucket
Picture of Xiaxue and I at H&M afterwards! We both got the stupid white furry hat lol. It's $14.90 if you're interested!

And...
.
.
.
.

Picture that has Eric (& Valerie at far right):
Photobucket

P.P.S. Aiyah... scrolling through my pictures I think it is really quite fail... Maybe I should revert to Auto mode! :(
5 comments on "Makiyo"
  1. Nice new camera Sophie!! and your pictures nice what! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Eric looks like TOP from Big Bang in the picture he took using iPhone with Makiyo! ROFL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:28 PM

    Hi Sophie, what brand/type of eyeliner are you using on your lower lash line and does it smudge on you? thanks for telling! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. CHILLINGYO8:13 AM

    Hello!! I',m ur new "follower"! Very interesting blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sin Yee: Haha I have much to improve on!

    Anonymous: Haha bet he'd be happy to hear that ^^

    Anonymous: Sephora Nano! Cheap (around $9+) and doesn't smudge :) It will naturally fade a bit after a long day though.

    ReplyDelete