Top Social

My Nuffnang Story

Friday, November 11, 2011
I remember first talking about joining Nuffnang back in January 2009, because that was when my mom *cough* cut off my allowance (it was the 8-month break in between ALevels & university)!

This was my very first advertorial, done for the Singtel iPhone Youth Plan:
Photobucket
That was back when I was still crazy about Farmville lol.
Actually I still would be if more people would play it :(

Aside from advertorials, Nuffnang also organises EVENTS! I brought my friend Sherry to one organised in conjunction with Laurier :D

I picked her because the event begins at 12pm I think (or earlier) and she is the only one of my friends who remotely gets up before noon. The event involved a scavenger hunt, and every pair that participated got a Polaroid Instax free!

I already had one, so I gave the free one to her. That was the main bribe for her agreeing to come along lol.

Photobucket

Hehe but we turned out mega competitive and completed all the tasks to precision! E.g. one involved getting a polaroid with a red Ferrari, and so many pairs cheated lor... go Toys R' Us take picture with toy Ferrari... ~ pui ~

It's not as if that didn't occur to us, but one of the judging criteria was accuracy or something, so we did everything properly!

Photobucket
For Task 3, we were meant to take a picture with the Ben & Jerry's cow. Sherry managed to get the staff's special cow apron (usually on display) to BE the cow! Talk about dedication! Hmph ~

But the reason why we didn't win?
We didn't know time was a factor... We finished early and went to eat + shop :'(

MORE EVENTS:
Photobucket
The charity fundraiser organised by Nuffnang for the Japan tsunami!

Bloggers basically "sold" different things to raise funds. I think Yutakis sold polaroids of his trip to Europe, Shiberty her cupcakes of course, and some bloggers even sold things like HUGS! Lol.

Qiuting & I had a manicure station! :D
But...

Whoever printed the name tent spelt my name wrongly. She/he put "Sophia" instead. FML :'(
I already get "Sofie" from taxi companies, McDonald's, KFC... Nuffnang, how can you do this to me?! *cry*

LOL. So anyway Qiuting changed it using white nail polish haha. But she only let me paint base colours that day :( Only towards the end did she start to trust my skills more!

And one of the newer developments with micro-blogging... Churp Churp!
I attended their first community event (meaning it's open to everyone!) this year:
Photobucket
I won a Churp Churp plushie & Churp Churp thumbdrive!
That was also the first time I met Ladyironchef, and subsequently he brought Qiuting and I to one of his food tastings!

This year, even micro-blogging will be recognised & rewarded at the...

Photobucket

NUFFNANG BLOG AWARDS 2011! :D

Other categories include:
Best Lifestyle Blog
Hidden Gem
Best Fashion Blog
Most Original Blog Design

... and many more! And lol don't worry, Xiaxue can't win the same award twice so it's not gonna be a boring show of her winning like a zillion of the same awards as last year.

It will be my first time going so I'm super excited! Plus it'll be in KL, and you can win an invite to the award show too! This invite will also include a 3D2N stay at Putrajaya Marriot :D

Here's how:

OPTION A
a)  Write a blog post titled "My Nuffnang Story".
b)  Tell us about your journey with Nuffnang - the fun times you had, the friends you've made.

or

OPTION B
a)  Write a blog post titled "Nuffnang Blog Awards, Here I Come".
b)  Tell us the top 3 reasons why you want to attend the Nuffnang Asia-Pacific Blog Awards 2011.

Come 16 December 2011, 500 bloggers from the Asia-Pacific region will be at Kuala Lumpur for the Nuffnang Asia-Pacific Blog Awards 2011 held Putrajaya Marriott!
The Awards aims to not only honour the region's best bloggers, but also to bring together bloggers from various countries :) The Nuffnang Asia-Pacific Blog Awards is brought to you by Volkswagen Malaysia & Putrajaya Marriott.

Click HERE for more information & to submit your blog entry!
The contest closes at 11.59pm on the 19th of November 2011!

Good luck & hope to see you guys there! :D
3 comments on "My Nuffnang Story"
  1. Anonymous7:35 PM

    Hi sophie! This is completely unrelated i know sorry but i remember reading somewhere on your blog quite some time ago that sherry scored a job at sephora? you wrote that she had to wear 3 colours on her eyes haha. I tried to find some email to contact sephora (they wont reply my tweet -.-) about job vacancies but nope none. do you by any chance know how to score a job there? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous: She saw it via those online job posting sites, like Job Finder or whatever it is. If there aren't any there, there might simply be no vacancies. Oh anyway it wasn't Sephora.... it was Shu Uemura. A mega store like Sephora & department Shu counters might function differently. Why don't you just go to the counter and ask?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sophie :) Are you in the running for any award? :D The award sounds awesome ^^, and I play farmville! Am so hooked on it!!! :D I can't wait for the award, I need to vote!

    x0x0

    lifelittlesurprises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete