Top Social

Social Media

Wednesday, April 04, 2012
To add then to strike off of my bucket list:

#BE A TOPIC IN A TALK TO SCHOOLCHILDREN

Photobucket

My ex-SAJC classmate gave a talk during assembly to school students on proper social media usage & brought my Facebook profile up as an example of identity theft!

Recently a new fake account emerged with my photos, where my name is apparently Veronica & I am Malaysian. And Veronica even has my photos put into albums like "Best Friends".

#okayguy.jpg

But thankfully I shared about it on my wall & many of my friends helped to report the account so it's been removed! YAY! This is the second fake account I've discovered though.

The first was a girl who called herself Danishia (pretentious...) who even BLOCKED both Alaric & I from viewing the account so that I couldn't even see it or report it! What a total bitch! SO ANGRY.

And naturally with fake accounts the person behind it likes to add loads of guys -_- 
You'll see tons of losers posting on her/"my" wall saying "hey thanks for the add!" etc etc. 
I sometimes think it's a guy behind these fake accounts who just enjoys trolling other guys.

Anyway, the worst was that one day I was at Ang Mo Kio Hub when suddenly this guy called out from afar "EH DANISHIA!" & I (stupidly) turned around because 1) it was directed at me & 2) the name held a meaning for me so it was a reflex. Once the guy ascertained that I had responded he was kind of happy with that (maybe he did realise he might have been trolled by a guy) & walked off.

And I was just so mortified because it was such a FML moment that I didn't do anything. It probably wouldn't have mattered but it's still really annoying to be addressed by your impersonator's name!

So yeah. That's the story to why my face appeared on the OHP to a bunch of students.
3 comments on "Social Media"
  1. Awe sophie!!! don't be sad!! im sure loads of people will see this and realises DAKNISHANANANANANANNAAAAAA is fake. at least you achieved your long last dream to school people! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hii Danishia! Hahaha, JK. Well you're so pretty! being impersonated is very common one la! But they impersonator seriously no life one lo. :S anyways, have you tried editing your privacy settings on FB? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SinYee: Lol the problem is that the pics are ripped from my blog! My FB hardly has anything.

    ReplyDelete