Top Social

Ring Light

Tuesday, May 24, 2011
I got a ring light! I bought it off Jessica (cheaper than in shops hehe ^^) since she's leaving for Australia. I've been meaning to get one not because I am a camwhore *ahem* (really what... I never blog a whole post of 20 over photos of just me) but so that I can take pictures in my room if I need to!

Most of the time it's hard to coordinate wearing a certain piece of apparel out; needing to ensure it's for a suitable occasion, that I have makeup on, that it's not already nighttime, that I *cough* washed my hair...

Photobucket

Photobucket
It is INSANELY bright. Looking straight without squinting is really tough!

Photobucket
I think this is the closest I can get to the light without my eyes dying haha.

Anyway the ring light works pretty well so I'm happy! I think any bright studio light would do the job really. Here I'm wearing just eyeliner + concealer + lipgloss and I look quite lively/fresh!

Oh yes these photos are all taken with my (low-tech) digital camera, so it's not like it's something only suited for DSLRs. I actually searched for a ring light in Sim Lim Square and got snubbed because I no have DSLR haha ):

Now all I need is to buy another tripod for my own digital camera so I can take photos myself! Alaric helped me take these and he's um... gotten quite a bit BETTER at taking pictures haha but I'll probably feel more confident/uninhibited if I'm alone.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm actually really lazy to take proper photos or play around with the ring light... It's already hard to ensure the background is a uniform off-white in all 3 shots so that I can combine them together. And actually on both sides I have the mirror/door so I always have to cut those out. Troublesome.

But I'm just kinda grateful my room walls are no longer purple (my room used to have 3 different shades of purple haha) lol.

And gosh my hair looks so flyaway in some of the pictures ): better start using conditioner again.
6 comments on "Ring Light"
  1. Anonymous3:48 PM

    hello soap! i love you! you are pretty, and may i know what camera you'r using please? http://isabellecheah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:21 PM

    wow good lighting makes ALOT of difference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isabelle: Thanks! (: Sony Cybershot DSC-WX1

    Anonymous: Haha yeah! Natural lighting is the best but studio lights do the job well too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:23 AM

    Hello may i know how much would a ring light cost? Roughly? :) and where can i get it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous: It should cost around $200, depending on your luck/bargaining! You can try Funan. I haven't gone there obviously or I'd already have a ring light and wouldn't have need to buy it from Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:33 AM

    totally love all the outfits

    ReplyDelete