Top Social

First Vlog!

Saturday, April 30, 2011


Super random video I did because I liked the makeup I had on then! Now that I look back at it... I think I preferred it then haha. But I think it's probably just because I'm not used to it and I would want to try and re-create it someday. Not exactly the same, but maybe trying to play with pink and brown hues, rather than my usual makeup.

I've always been content with my current makeup style and I never felt a need to change it; simply because I figured that even if I find something else that I think looks ok, I would still use my normal makeup unless I find something BETTER. And I'm just quite lazy; never bothered with mascara, foundation, contouring etc. My logic is just that if I wear this much makeup now, what about 30 years later? O.o

Anyway you might realise that the video is formed of 3 segments. Stupid buggy Photobooth. And I also tried to insert text (just to try it out and not because I actually had anything to say haha) but I couldn't figure out how to control it ):

And omg I never realised how weird my face looks from some angles! :'( In photos I always give my left profile because that's where my fringe parting is. Now from other angles I look all sorts of weird. Meh.

Photobucket

Random pictures from Sunday, when I finally got round to cleaning Hamlet's cage!
Photobucket
No she never falls out. Wendy and Qiuting were at my house just now freaking out when Hamlet started trying to climb out, but I said she always stops at a certain point because she's just not brave enough.

And sure enough they totally started laughing because Hamlet is the epitome of "wah he/she damn action" - acting as if she vair brave and daring but when it comes to it, she won't make the leap haha.
(If you think I'm being ridiculous; I have had hamsters who did dare to climb out if the cage is left open!)

Photobucket
Meekly settling back in her cage to crack open sunflower seeds.

Photobucket
Fatass has to grip my finger to flip herself over.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Haha tried to time her release with clicking the camera, but it was impossible ): she's still super fast if she wants to!

Photobucket
Study Break #1: Maggi. I have this habit of putting an ice cube into my maggi to cool it down!
There was once the ice cube did this weird crackling sound and split into two, the force of which actually caused half the ice cube to hit me in the face! I swear!

Photobucket
Study Break #2: Putting tape over the un-taped markers (about half). And yes, since putting on the tape I can't tell by looking which tip is the fat one and which tip is the slim one haha.

Ok I never made it to Study Break #3.

Random amusement:
Photobucket
Omg so awesome. I want. So good for passing stuff from upstairs too! Just let it slide down!

Photobucket

Photobucket
HAHAHAHAHA. HELLO KITTY FER YOU?

I'm actually done with 4 of my 5 exams! (: The last one is on Wednesday; it is MCQ and you can bring in a cheatsheet (double-sided A4 paper with as much info as you can put on it) and it is a Science module, meaning I can S/U it (the grade won't be counted in the calculation of my CAP). So... :D

P.S. You might have noticed that I added a Google Followers widget to my sidebar! I noticed that despite not having put it up before this, I already had Followers on it! No idea how they managed to do it, so just thought I'd facilitate it for those with Google accounts (:

P.P.S. I had intended my first proper video to be a makeup tutorial but... like I said the above one was spontaneous haha. And my video-assembling abilities are still fail.
16 comments on "First Vlog!"
  1. Anonymous9:22 AM

    Hi, came across your blog. May I know where did you purchase the habitrail Safari from? Thanks =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:21 AM

    I enjoyed watching your vlog:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:48 PM

    FORMSPRING.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous: I think most pet stores would have it, but to be safe you can go to bigger ones like urm.. damn can't remember the name. Ok there's a massive one in Holland V for example.
    You can probably just ask the staff, Habitrail is quite a known brand for hamster stuff!

    Sharithstar: Haha thanks.

    Anonymous: ? lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:59 PM

    I like how you sound in vids! :) Not like some bloggers who sound bimbotic.. Hahhaa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:56 AM

    Did you do your makeup yourself? it's really good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:35 AM

    love your bangs!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:06 PM

    Your vlog is pretty funny and natural! Please do more of such when you are free! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous6:04 PM

    omg you markers are freakingggg cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous12:00 AM

    love the way you talk! you're really cute ^^ do more vlogs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous10:20 PM

    I think you look nicer with bangs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i was wondering where you got those markers with cute pictures on! LOL! because i've only known them to be plain until you said you stuck sticker tape on hahha!

    by the way, love your vlog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous: Haha thank you to all for the respective comments, hard to reply to each separately since y'all all decided to be called Anonymous lol.

    Anonymous: Why never watch my video! lol in it I said it's by a makeup artist

    Belle: I got it a reallyyyy long time ago but shops like Action City or those in Bugis will have! (;

    ReplyDelete
  14. Soph you look gorgeous!
    anyway I saw you on the competition on facebook (by chance, a friend is also in it), and just wanted to say goooood luck hun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look really good! Are you using colored contacts? If so, what brand is it? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kat: Thank you dear :DDDD

    Mel: Thanks! Yep I had to wear coloured lenses for a shoot; it's Green from Freshkon's new Mosaic series!

    ReplyDelete