Top Social

ChurpOut

Thursday, September 27, 2012
It was the weekend before Yutaki was meant to book into NS so thanks to Churp Churp (which is the Twitter division; while Nuffnang handles blogs), we managed to cram in a cozy meet-the-readers cum farewell for him! The Nuffies & Churpies managed to pull the event together so quickly & so many of them came down on a Saturday to help with the event! T_T

I'm not good with emotions so here are some emoticons hahahaha:
(ï¼´▽ï¼´)
♡o。.(✿ฺ。 ✿ฺ)
。:゚(。ノω\。)゚・。

So anyway it was held at iDarts Senso Bar at Mohammed Sultan & it was pretty fun to play with the dart machines! My arm ached at the end of the day... But I won ^_^ (miraculously, cause I suck)

Miyake came down as well!

Props made by the Churpies x Nuffies!
And actually that's the real Churpie... the bird haha.
Nuffnang staff are called Nuffies though & I dunno what the Churp Churp staff are called hahaha.

With Yutaki, Miyake & two readers!

Well it IS a bar... so here's me working behind it! :D
Ok just filling my cup with Coke haha.

Hahahaha cute picture of Jayne, who is my blog manager!
And she's munching on a Korean Mochi QQ Ball from...

Perkies!

I first tried Perkies at Yutaki's birthday party (which was godzillion years ago; we might finally only see the pictures at his next birthday) & I loved it! The snacks are really unique (e.g. corn puppies, quail egg sushi...) but damn yummy! So I was damn happy they'd be providing food that day! :D

Perkies has a physical outlet at Changi, but very often they actually do catering & delivery services!
It's super convenient for birthdays/events/gatherings because they come & set-up everything nicely & everyone is bound to love the food. I hope I get to attend another event with their snacks soon...

Scumbag Ang Qiu/Chiew Ting didn't invite us to her birthday party which had Perkies >:(

But anyway you can check out their website & Facebook page for more details!

They have a huge variety of snacks ranging from savoury to desserts, as well as drinks!
(check out their Mojito Iced Tea & Fizzy Lychee)

Here's the food we had that day!


The mochi balls!
Kind like glazed/powdered donuts except in mochi-ball form haha.

Brownie x Strawberry x Marshmallow On A Stick!

PASTEL RAINBOW COTTON CANDY
(●♡∀♡)
(・□・;)
(。♥‿♥。)

The Perkies cups!
Their concept is really cool - put your food in the cups, drizzle it with sauce & pick it out to eat!


One of the sauces that day - Thai Chili!

I love this!
TOMAUSTARD
Tomate x Mustard
BOTH OF WHICH I LOVE
I LOVE KETCHUP
and mustard too, but not as much as I love Ketchup

Damn yummy with the corn puppies on the left!
Corn puppies are basically chicken sausages in a cornmeal crust!



Fried popcorn chicken!
Goes really well with the Tomaustard too!

(Seriously Tomaustard needs to be patented & introduced worldwide)
I just Googled "Ketchup Mustard" & as far as I can tell nothing popular like Tomaustard exists yet.

And a close-up of the mochi balls!

My favourites that day were actually the fried popcorn chicken & the mochi balls :D

People getting multiple refills!






My Corn Puppy & Cheeky Chicks with Tomaustard!

After everyone had eaten we had some activities!

I think he was made to demonstrate Yutaki's signature pose in photos haha.

Next up was.... DRAWING
O.O
They were meant to try & draw Yutaki & I hahaha.

So we tried to draw each other too!

Here's my drawing of Yutaki... he does not look pleased with it LOL

PLEASE LOR, AS IF HIS WAS ANY BETTER?!

ERM...

Thankfully some of the readers have way better drawing skills than us hahahaha.

Really impressive!
I think she was drawing us using our phones on the couch at the moment!


Nuffnang x Churp Churp!


With two readers! And me in an awkward pose...

That's Kiyoko on the left, who is Japanese & blogged about the event calling us Sophie-chan, Yutaki-san & Miyake-chan hahaha. And she's mad hyper in the post! Japanese people are usually so enthusiastic lol. I will be a social outcast there...

"HERRO-KITTY-CHAN!!!!"
Me: "Eh? Oh ok"

On the right is Tammy, she & Kiyoko are best friends! 
Tammy is American-Chinese & she also blogged about the event & I'm pretty sure the previous impressive drawing (not Yutaki's & my shit ones) was by her! Sorry I'm not 100% sure because no one signed off their name haha.

One of the Nuffies' camera! I like the pretty sticker over the lens cap.

Churpie with a few leftover cotton candy which the other girls all brought home!

With the Perkies staff who set up that day!

And this is Kiyoko's drawing of us!

Damn cute cause she even drew Miyake & her dog Choco hahaha.
And when everyone started drawing I said must give me big boobs & she really did LOL.


It was so nice to meet everyone!

Hopefully we can do this again sometime soon with Qiuting then I can get to know everyone a bit better again! :D Qiuting couldn't come that day :(

Oh wait, I forgot she should be punished for not inviting us to her birthday (because I want Perkies).
Scumbag Qiuting

Last picture of some of the readers x Nuffies x me x Churpies!

I brought my Instax camera (for the person who commented that I need to specify it's an Instax & not a polaroid camera) to take polaroids/Instax-something? & I think I got one with most of those who came! But I didn't get a digital photo with all so I can't put all up here! :/
I took these group photos from the Churp Churp Facebook page!

Thank you once again to Nuffnang x Churp Churp for organising this & thank you to everyone who came! 
Hope to see you guys again soon! :D
1 comment on "ChurpOut"
  1. <3<3<3 hehe. so nice meeting all of you guys!! xx Tammy

    ReplyDelete