Top Social

Sunday Updates

Sunday, July 15, 2012
So it's Sunday & I'm sitting here in my PJs!

I'm still blogging on my old Macbook although I have a spanking new Macbook Pro now...
Old habits die hard, even though this Macbook's Delete & volume keys stopped working & the trackpad spasms (highlights everything) & the battery life sucks. It lasted me 4 years with no problems though!


Burgundy Polka Mesh Sleeve Shift Dress

Here's a unique dress of good quality from Monoduno!
The cute shirt below is from their online store as well :)


Poppin' Daisies Stud Collar Shirt

I really like the smooth, silky material of this shirt & the prints are cute! Wore this out for dinner at Hatched (Holland Village) with the sleeves rolled up but you can leave it down if you like. 
The stud details are a nice touch too :)

Join their Mailing List + quote "sophiexmdo" to get free normal postage + $2 off your total bill!
(one-time use only, valid till 31st July 2012)

Like their Facebook Page & follow them on Twitter for promotions/giveaways!

………………………………………………………………………………………………

iPhone snaps!
(is it bad that I still have unposted Blackberry snaps...)
Hehe anyway I broke down the photos into categories lolol.

Cacio e Pepe:
Portobello mushrooms with crabmeat & prawns!
Description sounded weird but turned out really yummy!

Chocolate lava cake _

Bored one day while waiting for Yutaki, Qiuting & Wendy to arrive for dinner!


Foreign fruity beers! The lychee one on the far right was super nice!
(bottled one was just average)
These were from the Beer Fest, if they sold the lychee one normally I think more girls would drink beer!

Marmalade Pantry:
Mushroom risotto! 
This was yummy & I finished the whole plate so the portion size was good for me. 
Normally I struggle to finish, especially when risotto can get quite jelat.

Alaric's steak burger.

Saw this mynah outside Ngee Ann City; caught out attention cause some teens (omg I am no longer a teen wtf) were laughing at it & poking it. It was really weird, it just stayed there absolutely still & the legs look really odd! Only babies have bent legs like that so we thought it was injured.

Bought a bread bun & offered it some food (the bits in front of it) but it just didn't react.
Finally I picked it up with two hands because I wanted to move it into a corner where it wouldn't be bothered; couldn't bring it home cause we were catching a movie then.

Anyway it let me pick it up for a few seconds and seemed quite ok with it too!
Then it suddenly flew off LOL.
Aiyah so I dunno if it was injured or not in the end haha.
But hey! I held a wild bird!

Movie night yesterday at AMK Hub!

Caught Ice Age 4 which was cute & endearing (as usual)!
This one was a bit too preachy though, kind of wish they'd cut out some of the family values. 
Once there's overkill it just becomes cheesy & preachy #moviecritic.
Irrelevant but I've always loved Diego the Sabretooth!

Friendship bracelet with rhinestones DIY:

So I started a friendship bracelet & would simply attach it to whatever bag I was using that day to do the knots on-the-go! I've always known how to do different designs since primary school.


Top: Friendship band complete! Strung a short chain at the end & added the blue bead unto the last jump ring. Took a plain rhinestone bracelet & broke off the sides but you can easily buy it by the metre.

Bottom: Laid the rhinestone chain unto the friendship band & sewed it on with white thread!

P.S. I've also always known how to sew since a very young age. For as long as I could remember actually. I definitely already knew how to sew even at 9 years old O.O *impressed at self*
I used to sew skirts for my dolls because that's obviously the easiest shape haha.

Bracelet complete!

I've seen bracelets like these selling on Etsy for over 25USD. I wanted one but refused to pay for something I can do myself. It's quite time-consuming though!

Worn.

………………………………………………………………………………………………

Some OOTD/arm swags:

Weekend OOTD

I spam my denim shorts on weekends now that I'm in dresses & skirts Monday - Friday.

Weekday OOTD

Spot the friendship x rhinestone band!

"Pepsi People Feeling Free" - Junkfood t-shirt

I don't even know what that means. No one likes Pepsi. Pepsi & 7-Up are the rejects of the soda world. 
They're the overshadowed runner-up beauty pageant queens. They're good, better than many others, but never as good as their direct competitors that are so similar to them.

I exaggerate. I just really like Coke! Almost as much as I love pasta! And ketchup.

Yes since that bracelet took me a lot of time to make I kind of spammed it a bit.

Another weekday OOTD.
I feel depressed just looking at myself.
Too much black & slouchiness...
………………………………………………………………………………………………

iPhone screenshots!

The day I hit 8000 followers on Twitter!

I realise I may be able to one day have exactly the same number of tweets as I do followers, which... accomplishes exactly nothing. Either way I have to start tweeting less then.

Me being irritating to Qiuting on her birthday (hence why she thinks she can be mean).

Me being irritating to my fellow intern.
The peanut mochi was yummy.

Qiuting somehow never seems to catch the notification of her photo making it to Instagram's popular page, so I have taken it upon myself to notify her of it (because I have no life & stalk on "Following").
That's a collage of the 5 notifications I caught!
All 5 of which she had missed.

I'm @sophiewillocq (I know, terribly difficult to guess) on Instagram!
………………………………………………………………………………………………


Happy Sunday!
15 comments on "Sunday Updates"
  1. those food look yum and i love your hair!!

    http://valentiney.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can i ask where do you buy the friendship "strings"? I want to make friendship bands as well but dont know where to buy the string.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sophie!

    Can I know where do you get you hair done?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:30 PM

    you should have posts like these every other day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love these posts!
    the lychee beers sounds so unusual but i'd love to try it!
    the friendship bracelet is pretty! :D
    Krissy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post !
    It was really relaxing to read it :)
    Amazint OOTDs and friendship bracelet :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the outfits. And your messy room lol I want to try those beers. Why must be skirts Mon-Fri?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice friendship bracelet. I confess I am guilty of buying overpriced friendship bracelets for me and my friends when I should just learn to make them myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are too gorgeous!!! can i have your life? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous1:22 PM

    Can u do a video on how to make e friendship band? Thnx.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous9:54 PM

    hi sophie, do you have any idea where i can get low back tank top? do you know where can i get 'em or is there anywhere that selling it? thanks for your help!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous12:29 AM

    omg sophie you look so hot and gorgeous in this post! and so talented with the friendship band thing

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your weekday OOTD! The one with bird prints <3

    Http://LOLitsMelda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous4:05 AM

    I'm guessing you're a very punctual and early person. You always arrive during meetings/outings earlier than others right?

    & the bracelet you made is so pretty! One of the many hidden talents of yours, since you haven't disclosed it before, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous5:13 PM

    Sophie!!!! please do a tutorial on how to make that friendship band!! and may i know where did you purchase your strings from?

    ReplyDelete