Top Social

Macintosh ftw!

Thursday, October 29, 2009


"Everyone, at some point in their lives, wakes up in the middle of the night with the feeling that they are all alone in the world, and that nobody loves them now and that nobody will ever love them, and that they will never have a decent night’s sleep again and will spend their lives wandering blearily around a loveless landscape, hoping desperately that their circumstances will improve, but suspecting, in their heart of hearts, that they will remain unloved forever. The best thing to do in these circumstances is to wake somebody else up, so that they can feel this way, too."— Lemony Snicket

Hahahaha. Misery loves company.

But anyway I just submitted my final Philosophy essay (with 13 hours to spare before the deadline, go me!) so that means I've cleared my 3 assignments due for the week.

At some juncture I'd like to stay in Hall. At another point, I'd maybe want to go on a student exchange, or overseas internship/immersion/anything. And after I'm done with that and university, maybe I'll be an air stewardess for a while and fly around the world. Whatever it is; just to shake things up a bit. I can't bear to think of the bleary monotony tied the continuum of growing up. How do you go about going from one stage to another in life, and think that it doesn't even need a break? In short, doesn't anyone find the notion of starting work/a family after 16 years of studying somewhat stifling? Knowing that you're just moving from one area of commitment to another?
Post Comment
Post a Comment