Top Social

Tokyo (1) - Shibuya

Monday, May 07, 2012
Hello! I'm finally putting up my Tokyo photos, which were from... February.
So yep in February we have a one-week midterm break so we went up to Tokyo! 
Luckily I had no term tests (for Sociology we rarely do, whereas I hear of some students with up to 4 tests muahaha) so... pretty much a freetime holiday for me (Y)

Went to Shibuya on the first day (day after touchdown)!
Shibuya's one of the main shopping areas to go to in Tokyo but it's hella expensive.
Well all shopping in Tokyo is expensive, but Shibuya more so compared to Harajuku.


It was still pretty cold the first few days we were in Tokyo!
Wore a thermal sweater (can get them from Uniqlo) under my top every day.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I think this is a pretty good idea.

Quite a long time ago I chanced upon a lot of news articles about how weak Japan's system is with regards to rape cases & so on... There's very little help in terms of recognition or support for a rape victim. And apparently even if people see a woman being taken advantage of, they'll assume it's a domestic squabble & just stay out of it. Ok lah I dunno why rape to me is a very particularly sick issue, it disgusts me so much more than it does the average person I think.

Here is an article from Reuters (2007), which mentions how a man dragged a woman off the train & raped her & no one helped. One elite Japanese university even had a students running a "rape club", which planned gang rapes... You can just Google "Japan rape" & a few articles will pop up already.

I dunno how the situation is like now since a few major international cases like the 2007 one, hopefully it's improved! But it just made me quite sad lah. So yeah every country has its problems.

I don't think it means that Japan is NOT safe or anything, but just be on your guard anywhere in the world ok! Don't go around alone if you're a girl. We were also never out late because cabfare is way too expensive hahahaha. So bohpian have to take the last train home (before midnight).

Photobucket

Hachiko statue! 
Bloody crowded, not because tourists were taking pictures but because it's apparently a common meeting spot for the locals lol. Like, instead of "meet you at the MRT control station" it would be "meet you at the Hachiko statue". Lots of Japanese standing around waiting!

Photobucket

Photobucket

This square is quite famous for how crowded it is!

Photobucket

We came across Shibuya 109's Men first, which is a full 6-story building just for guys!
It's quite small though, but some of the stuff is pretty nice! Half the stores stock like... normal preppy guys' clothes & the other... the goth/punk look LOL.

Oh yes if girls are looking for the Navana Wig that I helped Miyake buy (at a whopping S$300 wtf), it's located at level 2! Impossible to miss, the floor design is the kind that makes you walk past all shops to take the escalator to the next floor lol. Oh & there are no snack shops in this mall!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Wooly thing from my mom's old boots, taken off & worn with my wedges!

Photobucket

Photobucket


PhotobucketEr not sure who they are but their photos were all over the mall!
Some kind of celeb mall-ambassadors I think?

Photobucket

Photobucket
Pikachu sweater!

No pictures of the main Shibuya 109 (for girls). 
Huge, full of lots of pretty shops but freaking expensive!
I bought one top at... S$80. 
Lots of nice shoes but omg I really can't justify paying S$100+ for one pair T_T

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Big Forever 21! The Forever 21 prices are normal (same as Singapore's) so I always wonder how the Japanese feel about it! I mean... comparatively it's like... dirt cheap to them. It wasn't particularly crowded though, so we figured maybe F21's a bit "uncool" there hahahaha.

Photobucket

Went up to the floor section because my feet were dying.
My wedges are comfy but they're still tiring after a full day of walking.
Most of the shoes at Shibuya were heels though (or $100+++ flats).

Luckily I found a random (a bit heartland-ish) shoe shop opposite F21, from which I bought comfy low, flat boots for S$30! I didn't like them then, but came to love them by the end of the trip lol.
You'll see them in the pictures for the other days!
They became SO dirty though (beige colour) so I've thrown them away :(

Photobucket

Ramen dinner!
All the restaurants serve good food really, didn't come across any of lousy quality!
So you can pretty much pick any random restaurant & food should be good!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Huge Starbucks!
The Japanese really seem into the whole lifestyle-coffee-joint thing.
There are some really pretty cafes around!

Photobucket

Hachiko wall.
Haha I realise the picture looks like the guy is posing for me but no, dunno him lol.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Some of my shopping that day!
Only one item in each bag lah haha.
Oh & the green bag was some promo bag  -_-

Japanese shops really package their image very well!
They do up their shop very nicely, make lookbooks & have their own shopping bags.
That's what allows them to have such high prices I suppose.

Cecil McBee' prices were slightly lower than the rest's, so you can try there! Level 2 I think.

Photobucket
Some of the lookbooks!
Majority still featuring Caucasian models...
With the exception of Navana Wig's, which obviously is for Asian girls to "wear" brown hair lol.
All the pictures are really nice though!

Photobucket

Japanese snacks... so pink one!
It makes me happy to look at their snacks wtf haha.
All the snacks in this picture are nice!

Photobucket
Heart-shaped strawberry Pocky!
(really was)

Took some pictures of the lookbooks:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Nice hor.
When I look at these I also feel like buying things hahaha.
#shutupandtakemymoney.jpg

Okay I'll have a total of 5 Parts to my Tokyo trip!

Gotta rush out now, bye!
8 comments on "Tokyo (1) - Shibuya"
  1. Anonymous5:31 PM

    is that signage in the mrt vandalised?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:49 PM

    How much u bring for Japan trip? Flight + hotel + expenses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sophie. A new reader here. I can't find any intro about u. u___u So I was just wondering how old are you? ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Ramen looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your skirt is gorgeous where did you get it and how much was it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. your shoes!!! damn CUTE (oh yeah, and your face, too hehe). no idea they had an XXI in japan!! today i learned... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Sophie!! I'm been always wanna tell you this (wonder if anyone else had told you before!)
    But your bf Alaric looks really similar to EXO-K Kai (i meant it in a nice way!)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i3WBA9z0Eo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:51 AM

    hey sophie, u r very gorgeous. btw, if u ever go back to tokyo, don't go back to disney land.Go to DisneySea!!!!!It's much more fun there:)

    ReplyDelete