Top Social

Swatch x Zouk

Thursday, October 27, 2011
Went for the Swatch launch at Zouk a while back! (this is way overdue)
I own a Swatch watch (I find they're good for casual days/school) but we went primarily because the launch of their newest watches involved tie-ups with vinyl artists, which Alaric is into.

And it turned out really lucky because one of Alaric's favourite artists (Joe Ledbetter) was actually there at the launch! The last time Joe came to Singapore, Alaric went down to the convention to get sketches etc, so this was a really lucky encounter!

Photobucket
Haha Alaric saying hi to Joe, who remembers him from the previous time they met (the vinyl toy scene in Singapore isn't huge lol).

Photobucket

Photobucket
Some of the watches in the background! I like Joe's (the big one behind him) the most really; the bunny face is cute.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Some people in the audience took part in a Swatch-face designing contest! I felt that the pink zig-zag one should have won (far left).
(The winner was the 3rd girl from the left).

Photobucket

Photobucket
With Geck Geck! Zouk served small amuse-bouches and free flow of drinks, even wine! (Not that I like wine, despite being half French).

Photobucket
Got a sketch from Joe too, based on one of the toys Alaric has bought from him.

Yutakis, Miyake and Eric finally reached Zouk but by then the whole event was totally over so they brought us to Play, where Kay Kay met us.

Play is a gay/lesbian club at Tanjong Pagar and it was my first time so it was a really interesting experience! Hahaha it's so odd to see guys preying on other guys instead of girls. I wonder what kind of pick-up lines they use.

Photobucket
Miyake and Yutakis; act shy only...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Haha couldn't decide between top tucked in or tucked out. It was basically flapping around too much when tucked out.

Oh yes... I have a long graze on my leg. Should I tell you guys how I got it? Ok fine I shall.

Earlier on at Zouk I was going down one of the stairs with Geck Geck and Alaric, when I FELL DOWN. (100% sober, did not even drink so yeah... just 100% clumsy hahaha)

Tuzki Bunny Emoticon

The worst part is, that naturally by instinct I stuck my hands out and grabbed the first thing I hit, which... was one of the Swatch display cases.

WHICH WAS BESIDE ANOTHER CASE. AND ANOTHER. AND ANOTHER.

Tuzki Bunny Emoticon

You get the gist. So the whole row tumbled like dominoes, but thank goodness someone was at the other end and caught it so everything re-stabilised itself.

LOLOL you can be laughing in glee at my misfortune now if you're one of those sour people... but fret not because I simply found it hilarious hahahaha *thick-skinned*.

Tuzki Bunny Emoticon

Anyway the graze is totally still on my leg (the event was on 1st Oct) so it was actually quite a bad fall! Hahahahaha. It's going away already though, so all's good!

Photobucket
Eric and Geck Geck!

Photobucket
Kay Kay and Miyake.

Photobucket

Hahaha cute scene. Eric, Kay Kay, Miyake in front of Yutakis and Geck Geck, chatting with a guy that struck up a conversation with her. Yes he is gay hahaha.

Tuzki Bunny Emoticon
7 comments on "Swatch x Zouk"
  1. I'm sorry but I totally laughed! I can picture the scene in my head. The watches from Swatch are really cool it always has adorable, quirky and colourful designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:39 PM

    Hahaha a friend of mine was at the Swatch event and he told me about some girl that fell and toppled over the display cases. When I read your blog title and realised you were blogging about the event, I wondered if you would mention the mishap. Dang, it was you! Haha, funny coincidence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:16 PM

    Hi. Is your Jeffrey Campbell heels comfortable?? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:54 PM

    Hello Sophie,

    A few posts back, I saw your Balenciaga giant city bag. I'd like to ask you if you find it heavy. I'm planning to get a Balenciaga city but undecided between giant studs or the classic.

    Do you think it's gonna be heavy for school/work if I need to put some files or something? Thank you for taking time to read my comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Xynn-Eigh: Hahaha well the immediate second it happened was obviously mortifying, but after that it was just kinda funny lol. Yep the designs are cute! :) if I didn't already have a Swatch watch I'd probably buy one of this range.

    Anonymous: HAHAHA well...

    Anonymous: Yep they are!

    Anonymous: Yes it's a bit heavy but honestly all luxury/branded bags tend to be! Mmm basically keep stuff in it to a minimum! I think a file + notebook + pencilcase + wallet + misc is still fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:18 PM

    Hey Sophie,

    Nana is actually a thai club at Central Mall, perhaps you are talking about taboo? which is a small gay/lesbian club on the tanjong pagar strip

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous: Oh oops I meant Play! Haha.

    ReplyDelete