Top Social

Samantha Thavasa

Wednesday, October 05, 2011
Went for the launch of the new Samantha Thavasa collection the other day! The designer of this collection, model Jessica Michibata, flew in from Japan for a meet-and-greet session :)

The launch was held at Level 55 of Ion! There's a restaurant there (never knew), and it's actually a viewing deck with a great view (also never knew)!
Normally if you want to go up, you have to pay $20 and enter from a very special lift on the 4th floor! The lift goes straight from level 4 to level 55, and I swear it's super hard to find the entrance to the lift lobby.

Ok I'm sorry if you thought the lift was really, really special. Like it flies sideways or something. But yeah we actually walked right past the lobby and couldn't see it until explicitly pointed out to us, but maybe we're just oblivious lah.

Anyway I was so sad because... I forgot to bring my camera :(
If you get a chance you should go up! The restaurant is called Salt; not too sure how their food is but the little hors-d'oeuvres they served us (risotto, crab sticks, macaroons...) were really good!

Photobucket
Decorated polaroids!

(Oh yeah so the only pictures I have are polaroids or are Qiuting's haha).

Photobucket
That's Jessica Michibata!

Photobucket
With Kaykay, Wendy and the twins decorating our polaroids!

Photobucket

Photobucket
With Jiaqi and Jiayi! I love the glittery letters but there weren't a lot left which is why I've stuck a "3" on it, since that seemed the most relevant thing I could use haha.

Photobucket
Another "3" haha. Qiuting tried to use an "L" and a "3" to make a <3, but it just turned out looking like L3 hahaha.

Photobucket
Here's mine! "I" for umm... me I guess? And "E" for Estelle?

Photobucket
Out of the remaining glittery letters, this was one of the few rare things I could still spell. Along with... "H1N1" or... "Hindu" hahahaha.

I really like the letters so I took the "Nerd" home! Maybe I can stick them on my laptop? Lol. Anyone knows where to get them from anyway?

Photobucket
This is Yutakis (real name, I managed to wrestle his IC from him and checked); the ardent camwhore discovered a spot with great sunlight so we all flocked there haha.

Photobucket
Kaykay and Jiayi in the background for a shot with the light streaming in as well!

Photobucket
*cough* Kaykay spoiling my shot again.

Photobucket
Special marshmallow chocolates by Samantha Thavasa!

Photobucket
I don't actually like marshmallows (the big, normal ones) but these are more like flavoured squishy sweets to it's ok! I've only tried the Strawberry one so far and I really like it! I'm betting the Tiramisu isn't as nice haha.

Anyway Samantha Thavasa has an outlet at Ion (near like, the only POSB ATMs there, so there's always a queue) so you can go and check out the new collection! They even have a Pirates of the Carribean collection for guys! For girls there's Hello Kitty and Disney stuff :)
8 comments on "Samantha Thavasa"
  1. The marshmallow chocolate looks so delicious. Though i havent taste it yet, i can always assure that Japanese sweets are the best ;)

    ♪ Vernissage and Cream

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:57 AM

    Hi Sophie! You can get those letters from made with love! It has an outlet at plaza sing level 3 (if i rmb correctly lol). There's another shop down at the basement level of ps selling such stickers too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daphne1:05 AM

    Hello Sophie! :)

    I think you can get the glitter letters at scrapping stores like Made With Love or Papermarket!

    There's an outlet of each store at Plaza Singapura, Level 3 for Made With Love, B1 for Papermarket.

    Their designs are updated quite regularly, so you can check if they still have the glittered ones ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jasmin: Haha really? I'm not adventurous with sweets though, I'm the kind that likes good old Mentos haha.

    Anonymous: Ok thank you! :DDD

    Daphne: Haha can't believe there are 2 scrapbooking stores there. Thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does yutakis has a blog or something?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:05 AM

    omg you took a pic with jessica michibata! love herrrr, is she real pretty in person? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:32 AM

    Actually, the polaroids look much better undecorated. Maybe cos they were decorating so you feel the need to also? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dora: Yep! yutakis.com haha

    Anonymous: Haha yeah heard a lot of her fans waited to take pictures with her at the store!

    Anonymous: Um ok, so just because you have a preference for undecorated ones, you're trying to say I did so purely because of peer pressure?

    ReplyDelete