Top Social

Red Dot

Sunday, January 23, 2011
It's Sunday 10.30pm and I've been back from Korea for approximately 24hours. Probably should have blogged earlier but I feel kind of sick ):
Korea was beyond cold and I can't say Korean food is really my thing. More on that next time.

For now, a quick update about dinner Alaric and I had at Red Dot (located at Dempsey).

It was my idea to go there cause I had eaten there previously and had quite liked the food. The food this time was not bad but my order came extremely late.

We had ordered starters first (shared), and then Alaric a steak and me this fried portobello+chicken. His steak came first and we kept waiting for mine to arrive. I mean seriously, how hard is it to fry a mushroom?
Asked the staff about my order and 5 minutes later they came back with this dismal salad for me and said the kitchen was very busy so it was taking a little longer than usual.
A.k.a.: they had completely forgotten my order and had only just started preparing it.

I mean okay I kind of appreciate the idea of  the free salad but it was really pathetic. They had forgotten to add any sauce so it was basically just tasteless mixed salad leaves in oil.

The food at Red Dot isn't super cheap so the massive delay kinda ruined the meal for me -_-

Photobucket
Our starter, which was called Beef Cappacio. It's basically raw beef with salad. It was pretty good! That's my lychee blend drink which was quite nice too.

Photobucket
Side of fries and Alaric's steak.

Photobucket
My food, after it had FINALLY arrived. I was so hungry I finished the whole thing and usually I'm not a big eater.

Photobucket
Weird dog-statue by the entrance which looks kind of real from afar and in real life.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
My rosebud tulle dress! This would be super apt for Valentine's Day. This dress is from Vanilla Lollies; they carry lots of other good quality dresses.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Okay for the last time, to get the above light-streaks effect you need to:
- Set your camera flash to Slow Synchro mode.
I have no idea what this would be called in other camera brands, but for Sony that's what it's called.
- Shake your camera when you're taking a picture.
That's all! Of course you need to have light sources available and it won't always turn out nicely; depending on the lights (like the above are just average).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sorry for the short update! Every time I go overseas it feels like I've been gone ages even if in reality it's only been 2 days (e.g. Genting). I'm probably too accustomed to continuously being connected to everyone and everything via the Internet.
4 comments on "Red Dot"
  1. can u pls don't eat raw beef?? the closest beef source we import from is like 7000km away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:07 PM

    your light streaks effect is quite ugly tbh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:06 PM

    alaric looks wierd

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:07 PM

    alaric looks wierd

    ReplyDelete