Top Social

Laurier's Are You A Shooting Star Challenge

Saturday, October 16, 2010
I know I said I'd do a post on the NPNF 2010 finals but I've to do this Laurier one first so... here's a long post to make up for my inactivity the last few days!

Photobucket
A big (heavy) pink box/cupboard!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Stickers! (For some reason my camera was insanely annoying and insisted on staying in Portrait mode, thinking that the yellow heart-shaped handbag on the right of the doll's head is a face. How does that remotely look like a human face?!)

Photobucket
Woohoo ~ free pads hahahaha.

So last Saturday Sherry and I were at Cineleisure for Laurier's Are You A Shooting Star Challenge, which involved 50 teams of two girls and completing 8 tasks.

To do these tasks each team was given a polaroid camera to take photos of each task, which the team gets to keep afterwards! I let Sherry keep the polaroid camera in return for her doing this with me ^^ pays to be my friend okay! Hahaha.

Photobucket

Photobucket
#Task 1 - Hey Mr DJs!
Take a photo of the "Muttons" from 98.7FM at the SCAPE any time from 2pm onwards.

Photobucket
#Task 2 - Sporty on Wheels
Take a photo of your team mate standing beside a RED Ferrari sports car!

Photobucket
#Task 3 - Favourite Cow
Take a photo of Woody The Cow at any Ben & Jerry's Scoop Shop.

Photobucket
#Task 4 - Colourful People
Take a photo of your team mate standing next to the purple lady statues with a handbag (hint: One of the six colourful statues at one of the largest malls in Orchard!).

Photobucket
#Task 5 - Hunt for Joanne Peh
Take a photo of Laurier's Celebrity Spokesperson, Joanne Peh, at the Finest Supermarket in town!

Photobucket
#Task 6 - Lips, Lips, Lips..
Take a photo of your team mate wearing black lipstick.

Photobucket
#Task 7 - Sprint for Fancy Prints!
Take a photo of your team mate wearing a leopard print top, bottom or dress.

Photobucket
#Task 8 - Mr Dimples
Take a close-up photo of any guy who has two dimples on his face when he smiles.

Photobucket
We did the black lipstick task first! Sherry works at Shu Uemura part time, so she knows all the department counters and the people there really well so she brought us to Takashimaya where she knew the Anna Sui staff!

Photobucket
We didn't have just ONE leopard-print piece, we got a leopard-print dress, cardigan and even shoes! (P.S. all from Mango)

Photobucket
Omg so terribly excited when we found a red Ferrari! We walked to Hyatt and spoke to the valet staff asking what time the red Ferrari owners usually came. The guys were like... Pass us your phone numbers and we'll call you when one comes! but at that moment, DENG DENG DENG. A red Ferrari pulled in! (Actually we started cheering once it appeared along Orchard Road)

We spoke to the owners (a Chinese couple) and they agreed to let us take a photo (: They were very nice also they seemed a bit embarrassed haha.

Photobucket
After sticking our polaroids up on the board, we decided to go into Cineleisure and bought these stickers to make ours look cuter!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Checking out the CoMpeTiTion.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Oh yes we were Team 51 by the way haha.

Photobucket
The 3 judges!

Anyway we didn't win ): I was so sad cause we really put in a lot of effort (considering how originally we were thinking of rotting at Starbucks hahaha) to make our photos extra creative, but we totally misunderstood the judging method ):

Like we thought that time wasn't a factor so we actually went shopping (Sherry got a free bracelet from me cause I had to go to this store and pick stuff out, for which I get reimbursed haha. Told you it pays to be my friend! ^^ x2) and stopped to eat and etc after finishing.

We thought that judging was based solely on how creatively you complete the task, but it turned out that they gave almost everyone full marks for that?! Like A LOT of teams simply took photos with TOY Ferraris, or only took a photo with a POSTER of the 98.7FM Muttons?
We were also the ONLY team to have one team mate fully dressed up as Woody The Cow, while most others just took a photo with the tiny 3-inch stuffed toy.

And there were rules involved like having one team mate in each photo (some teams had both inside, or none at all) or not involving any friends (one girl was kissing the "Mr Dimples", so I'm assuming that was her boyfriend) which a lot of teams didn't follow.

Hahahaha ok sorry being very retardedly competitive but grrr still disappointed! The prizes were like Takashimaya vouchers, I could go there and buy stuff! $_$

-
Anyway the photos below here are from www.facebook.com/LaurierSG, Sherry and I actually had a Laurier photographer following us around so at least that was a 3rd "brain"! (And also he could help us take our own photos haha).
Photobucket
Hahahaha the caption for this in the Facebook album was: some came all dressed up...
Wahlao makes me sound like I totally overdressed haha.

Anyway this top is from Clothes & People which just launched a new collection so go take a look!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Not my team's card! Just an example of how the task card was.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Hahaha SPOT US! SPOT ME!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Super a lot of girls! (Approximately maybe 120 in total? Because there were actually more than 50 teams!)

It was quite amusing because there was such a huge mix of teams. Like some came looking like they were going for a marathon instead haha. (But okay lah that was also one of the winning teams so I guess it worked! They looked super fit, they must have run haha).

Some teams were really competitive too! Like we were all given an envelope holding the instructions to open at the same time, and one woman went up to the coordinators going like, "Look at the girls there! Why are they standing apart?! What if they try to open the envelopes?!" And like err... the poor girls were really just standing there not doing anything.

Oh I saw lots of teams simply wearing the Laurier tank over whatever they were wearing; I have no idea how they handled that because it was SO hot. My fringe does this annoying curling thing once I sweat.
-

Okay the rest of the photos here are my own, and are just of Sherry and I after the event! We headed down to Pink Parlour at Orchard Central again:
Photobucket

Photobucket
Cute stuffed toy! And me looking decidedly icky.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Sherry kept trying to egg me to climb higher -_-

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
LJ outfit pose!

Photobucket
LJ outfit pose 2.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
This is me before Evolution took place.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Sherry is DAMN good at all the act-cute faces. Fer realz.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Okeh before people ask me how to get the streaky light effects above:
1. In your camera, go to whichever mode allows you to change your Flash option to Slow Synchro.

(Other flash types usually include Auto, Forced Flash, No Flash etc... so just pick the Slow Synchro one). In my camera this is in Program mode, but for some it can even be found in Auto mode.

2. When you take a picture... just shake your camera. It'll disperse the light sources. Ta-dah!

Photobucket
Alice in Vunderland.

Photobucket
Took a picture with Rozz downstairs! She was really nice and friendly, asking us if we were students and talking about how awesome Blackberry is (she was using one too).

Anyway the Laurier event was really fun! I've never been a particularly outdoorsy person but this was fine (: AND I'M SO HAPPY I GOT FREE PADS. Hahaha quite pathetic I know, but somehow I'm always lacking them at the wrong time (i.e. during my period).

It's a Saturday and I'm at the NUS Library to work on my 3000-word essay due on Monday.... I wrote 1300 words in 5 hours yesterday, so that was not too bad! And this is the first time I've borrowed books from the NUS Library hahaha before that I simply relied on Google. Pathetic.

OKAY BYE! Will update more once this deadline is over!
16 comments on "Laurier's Are You A Shooting Star Challenge"
  1. http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d180/Molli04/Modeling/IMG_0932.jpg

    http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d180/Molli04/Modeling/IMG_2013.jpg

    Opinions on the model? What you like/don't like etc. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wah..sanitary pads company also come find u for advertising..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:30 PM

    to oppa : what the hell is wrong is that? goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wahwahwhee, I think for the first time in my entire life, my LJ pose actually semi-succeeded!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:24 AM

    don't you feel overexposed in your outfit? i bet people were staring at you when you were in public transport.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:02 AM

    which part of cine did you get the hello kitty stickers?they are really cute :>

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:12 AM

    to oppa:

    thats ur opinion, and thats " ur" society. we are modern singapore. please stop putting such negative comments. so disrespectful. its her blog her wish. she can write what she wants. if u dun like what u see, dun read her blog! no need for such negative comments.

    oppa, u are a creep. get a life. u are such a scary pig. oink!

    ReplyDelete
  8. S.: Why are you asking me this? Anyway I don't find the first one a modelling shot, it honestly looks more like a goth's display picture.
    The second one kinda looks blogshop-ish but grouchy haha.

    Sherry Wong: Haha yeah I was automatically gonna caption and say Fail but I realised it was actually okay!

    Will: Firstly I am not advertising for them because HELLO where in the post do you see me talking about the pads itself?! All I talked about was the event. MORON. Secondly tons of bloggers actually have been advertising for them, so go comment there if you are so concerned. Thirdly, GET LOST.

    Anonymous: Mmm not really, I see lotsa girls in crop tops these days! I came in a cab and Alaric came at night so I went home in a car.

    Anoynmous: From Mini Toons! (: Enter and it'll be on your left against the wall beside the glass cabinet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:34 PM

    You look MORE angmoh with your newly dyed hair! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oppa: Why don't you go buy pads too then?

    Anonymous: Haha odd though since I've never seen any angmoh with this kind of hair colour.

    ReplyDelete
  11. since you gotten SO MANY pads for free, can you take one out and do the absorption test with some coloured water?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous10:56 PM

    OPPA. SHUT UP.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous11:19 AM

    Hi you wrote on on your blog your "a" button of your blackberry is not working. Is it okay now? How did you manage to get it working? Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous: HAHA. I changed my whole phone. There's no way to repair it, as long as it's under warranty just go to the Singtel (for me lah) Blackberry/iPhone (it's together) centre and they'll give you a new one on the spot!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous6:40 PM

    what colour is your blackberry?white? =]

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous: Haha nope it's just black! I'll get a new one end November but no plans for a white one.

    ReplyDelete