Top Social

Black to Blondie (Sorta)

Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Had dinner at Hard Rock cafe the other day! Despite (if you're the sour employee type) having worked there for 3 months at a measly $6/hr (pretty much the same everywhere though...), I still love the food! EVERYTHING THERE IS YUMMY.

Photobucket
Gosh I hate it when the environment is too orange-y. Did I ever mention that I hate orange lighting? Seems to make everything dim to me.

Photobucket

Photobucket
NOMS! I had been wanting Mac&Cheese for agessss so I ordered it Hard Rock Cafe (only other contended is Kenny Roger's) although I almost never eat the chicken meat.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
My green chiffon top is actually two separate layers (see below). I think it's pretty! It has a string sash to tie at the back, and it's both casual-formal, in the sense that I can wear it to school without looking too dressy, and to dinner without looking too casual.
This top is from ClubCouture, which also let me pick out this other long white dress that I can't bear to wear out right now without a special occasion!
If you're interested in buying anything from ClubCouture, you can use the discount code CCBLOG15 to get 15% off (:

So anyway in the above pictures I clearly have rather dark brown hair... BUT BECAUSE OF THIS:
Photobucket
I AM NOW AN ORANGE-HEAD. As I mentioned on my Twitter a few days ago, I decided to dye my hair with Liese's new Bubble Foam dye thingy because it seems so easy to use!

Obviously it was my first time DIY dyeing my hair, so I rather stupidly did it in my room with all the windows and the door closed. BIG MISTAKE. I had no idea hair dye would smell SO BAD. Magnified about a gazillion times in a small enclosed area, and I couldn't open the door/windows because my plastic gloves had the foam dye all over them.

Anyway I know the colour Chiffon Beige may seem a rather odd choice, but I was following the colour guide on the back of the box:
Photobucket
According to this, my hair should go for the top left colour to the top right colour because my hair is so dark. But nooooooooo.... it went straight to the bottom right colour!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
And now my hair is orange.

Photobucket
(this is the inner tank I mentioned earlier)
Okay actually after getting used to the colour... I think it turned out a bit too bright for my liking but overall I'm quite alright with the result. In this photo it actually looks like a pretty normal/natural brown!

Liese is really quite easy to use though, as the foam dye is applied just like a shampoo! You pump it out from a bottle and lather it into your hair. My only grouse is that like with all DIY dyeing, it's quite hard to predict how the colour will turn out, and more pertinently, whether it will be even.

But now my eyebrows look so glaringly black and thick in contrast hahaha. So... should I lighten my eyebrows too?? Friends have been telling me that my hair colour will fade in a few weeks though, so guess I'll just see the result and contemplate what to do then. Salon dyeing is so bloody expensive.

P.S. Will do an update about the NPNF 2010 finals next!
34 comments on "Black to Blondie (Sorta)"
  1. did alaric choo foot the bill completely?

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVNY5XfO9Rk&feature=related

    i dare you to do a re-make of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:34 PM

    hi! i think the top is really pretty! but i cant seem to find it at the site ):

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:02 PM

    oppa why are you so irritating?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:45 PM

    ya why are u so irritating.. she does not care what u say or do? why do u still insisting on making ur thots known to her?

    SERIOUSLY u are bloody thick skinned.

    SOPHIE DOES NOT LIKE U. GET IT? SHE IS IRRITATED BY U. SO GET LOST AND STOP IRRITATING HER?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:48 PM

    * my above comment was directed to oppa.

    u are a sick freak. get it, sophie finds u irritating. stop it! u shd learn to respect her!
    she ask u to stop with ur comments, thats her wish, stop that. RESPECT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous: Oh gosh I don't know why! I just went to check and yeah it seems totally sold out! So sorry dear!

    All other anonymous: Totally agree. Zzz

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am simply pointing out the fact that alaric choo is a stingy boyfriend..

    what sort of guy, take his gf out for dinner and goes dutch?

    that reflects alot on his upbringing during his formative years, and i am simply astonished at the fact that alaric choo is my junior. His seniors back in barker ought to have taught him better in treating women right.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Will: Yeah and you're an idiot because he paid for me and whether he did or not IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

    I WILL NEVER WANT TO HAVE SHIT TO DO WITH YOU SO I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT RELATIONSHIPS BECAUSE YOU ARE A COMPLETE NUISANCE AND A ROYAL PAIN. I have shoved it over and over in your face that you are not welcome here but you insist on leaving STUPID comments with your STUPID JUDGMENTAL opinions that NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT.

    It's been years and I've tried tolerating you and being at least civil with you, but you insist on thinking you have any say whatsoever in how my life should be like.

    So for the last time. Get Lost.

    ReplyDelete
  10. if i was in alaric choo's position, i would have fed Sophie better and clothed her better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous10:41 PM

    @oppa sophie is not a pet. When Alaric finds out who you are, too many people will want to come and find you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Will: But... you aren't in his position are you?

    ReplyDelete
  13. to Sophie,

    i am not, but hypothetically if i were in his position, i would have done better in all aspects. the boy doesn't know about making sacrifices.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Will: P.S. I don't go for losers. There's a difference between hypothetical and impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  15. to Sophie,

    I don't believe money can't win you over. This debate isn't over.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Will: If you think it's about money then you are an even bigger loser than imaginable.
    FYI, even if it were about money and FYI, even if you became a pilot or whatever bullshit you wanna talk about, there are way more guys out there that are already richer than you ever will be, and FYI, THEY DON'T STALK PEOPLE ONLINE.

    And FYI, this isn't even a debate because there are no alternative possible viewpoints. I hate you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. maybe u should moderate comments?

    ReplyDelete
  18. -.-: Why should I have to?! This is MY blog, he should be the one to leave! Why do I have to go through the trouble of accepting other comments by NORMAL people all because of one PARASITE?!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous11:32 PM

    Its really up to you Sophie, you can keep that mentality of yours by letting him stalk and provoking your response always to repeat this never ending vicious cycle...

    OR

    Do something extreme to deter/encourage him from interacting with you because that's the only thing he can do online.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Estella11:55 PM

    Your hair looks gorgeous. Loved the last photo.

    Oppa, you are distracting everyone from the beauty that is Sophie. If you love her so, why oh why would you do that, pray tell?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous12:55 AM

    ALARIC LOOKS LIKE YOUR COUSIN JAYNE

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous7:22 AM

    oppa sophie has already asked u to stop ur comments, but u still go on. u are so annoying.what the hell.

    u are so brave in commentin and yet u are such a wimp by hiding.

    sophie should just make a police report

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous7:26 AM

    plus, how sure r u that he did not pay?u just assumed it! and even if he pays or not, its none of ur business.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous8:14 AM

    MISCELLANEOUS OFFENCES (PUBLIC ORDER AND NUISANCE) ACT
    OPPa u will be charged for this.

    ReplyDelete
  25. i agree with anonymous. because of her mentality, he'll always get the pleasure of getting his nonsensical comments publish and the satisfaction of receiving attention from sophie and the readers.

    sometimes i think sophie enjoys it. in perverse kind of way. but to each her own.

    ReplyDelete
  26. -.-: Hey genius, why don't you go see all the past comments he left on my blog posts, NONE of which I replied? Should I screenshot the FS questions he sends everyday, which I don't reply? Do you know how it's like to have people reply/insult you and have to force yourself not to reply?
    Oppa Will is the only one bothering me on Blogger comments. It's ridiculous that I should have to moderate comments because of one idiot.

    And wow for someone who wants Will to stay because "I enjoy the attention", don't you think I was already rather nasty? The only reason I don't go all out and tear him to pieces is that I'm worried he goes berserk (more than he already is) and tries to kill me or something.

    I refuse to have to moderate comments because it's a matter of principle. Will was already the reason why I had to switch from a tagboard (which he kept flooding) to a commenting system and it pisses me off when know-it-alls like you tell me what I should or should no do. And don't think that just because you added "but to each his own" it means that you're merely "suggesting".

    P.S. to all: The police doesn't give a shit but stuff like this unless a life is endangered or something.

    I will delete any further comments anyone leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your hair looks amazing! omg love it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. babe, do not let this oppa bother you.
    he's so NOT worth it.
    he must be some frigging stalker with no life, cyber-stalkin a beautiful girl like you.
    and seriously, Will would you stop using oppa?
    it baffles me how someone as crazy as you uses a beautiful language like korean.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anonymous12:34 AM

    very exciting comment page. that's the guy that sent the mega huge pink cake back in sa?

    ReplyDelete
  30. to jiaqi,

    i may be chinese by descent, but i m 100% korean inside.

    hwaiting!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Anonymous4:09 PM

    Why should boyfriends pay for anything anyway? So demeaning for females.

    Nice colour sophie, but it'll fade in a while Liese sucks like that!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Anonymous7:16 PM

    Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

    ReplyDelete
  33. i saw that green top at this fashion that day! it was 16sgd!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Ok this is probably an irrelevant comment since it's such an old post but wow at how many anonymous comments you have, Sophie.

    ReplyDelete