Top Social

Being a tall girl in Singapore...

Friday, March 13, 2015
... You're at the back row of every year's class photo.

... People think you should be good at netball/basketball/sports in general, but erm. You're not.

... You're almost always the one on the chair in Captain's Ball.

... Dresses, and especially rompers, sold by blogshops are too short for you.

... You're considered "big" if you're not a UK6.

... You're the same height as, or taller than the average Singaporean guy.

... In heels you might as well be Hagrid.

... You hunch like Gollum in group photos with other girls.

... Major awkwardness is wearing 4-inch heels and having to bend down to hug someone.

.
.
.
.

... You will probably have to get married wearing flats.



... I wear heels about 5 times a year.

21 comments on "Being a tall girl in Singapore..."
  1. I feel u... But it's okay... You're pretty and almost all girls are jealous of your height.. Hehe..

    www.tenshichn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely agree! I'm 1.70cm and i feel like a giant among my friends who average 155-165.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being tall is always better! -Hanna Lei

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:28 PM

    This is totally me! :(:( wearing flats on mu wedding day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 171 cm tall and I feel the pain :'(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:04 PM

    omg I FEEL YOU tall guys are so rare in Sg??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:51 PM

    THIS IS SO TRUE?!?!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love ur height!!! Don't feel bad.... U r blessed~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:07 AM

    Trueee. 174 tall and giant. plus im not pretty so cant even b model :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. New layout! YAY! Love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous2:04 PM

    I don't think I'm as tall as you are. Slightly below, but I'm UK10.
    I'm an elephant T_____________T and yes the struggle with blogshop is real!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous6:27 AM

    The woes are real. Blogshops n sometimes even normal shopping can be really unsuitable :((

    But its really a blessing at the end of the day, to hv a gd height where clothes can hang nicely of your frame :) Plus u look great wif heel !


    190cm here :)
    Trying not to hit my head on the grab handles in the mrt >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are u a girl? 190cm could mean that u might be the tallest girl in Singapore 😱

      Delete
  13. Anonymous6:32 PM

    #tallgirlproblems 1.74m represent!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous10:09 PM

    I FEEL the same....I'm 168cm and I love wearing heels...with just that 2-3 extra inches..I'm already experiencing problems finding a bf in Sg....OMG! Where have all the tall guys gone to :/

    ReplyDelete
  15. haha. i'm 1.71 and i totally feel you!! random fact, my bf is way shorter. haha

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm 179 and it's sooooooo true omg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:33 PM

      How old are u this year? Still growing?

      Delete
  17. Anonymous8:21 PM

    i am 185cm.tall girls problem.
    clothes ,mrt,people staring,bus and many more....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous3:15 PM

    Im 1.8m tall and yes i can totally relate. I always seem to have problems finding clothes as well as shoes. Doesn't help that my feet are huge too... :( Size 12.

    ReplyDelete