Top Social

Flea

Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Hello! :D
For those of you who came, you obviously know about the flea that was on Saturday!
Thank you for coming! I've been super busy the last few days so I haven't been able to blog :(
But here's a long post about the flea with... pictures of readers!
First time meeting you guys like that!

I wanted to blog a "preview" of stuff I was going to sell but I was busy packing till 6am the night before, filling up a HUGE suitcase (T_T) You might be able to recognise certain pieces from recent posts!







Some pictures taken with my iPhone while packing...

Suitcase filled to the brim!

This suitcase is WAY bigger than my normal one, bigger than suitcases I bring for month-long trips to France. I sent this picture to Qiuting & she laughed at me for packing it so neatly LOL.
I'm awesome at packing suitcases FYI hahaha.
Fast AND neat.

Sorted out my jewelry for once!
The pink box on the left is what I brought to sell!

And here is when I took out the box O.O

I sold out my stuff realy quickly so I wandered over to Eric's booth, where he too was only left with a few pieces! Quite a feat considering he was one of the only two male sellers!

This was taken right after I opened my suitcase!
The flea that day was CRAZY, I never expected it to be so insanely crowded!
There was a serious queue outside the venue & queues within the venue itself to get to the booths!

I took over Qiuting's booth because she also sold out really fast!

I had wanted to lay out all my stuff nicely (I'm particular about these things!) & take pictures because I like what I'm selling ^_^ but all the girls were looking at me expectantly so I was just like HAHA AIYAH NEVER MIND GO AHEAD! And they started pulling stuff out O.O

Within a few minutes my stuff had all disappeared & my suitcase was empty!
People would grab bunches of stuff & slowly sort out what they wanted to keep.

Not entirely sure if I got paid for some at all because I really don't recall selling them...
I hope everyone was honest!

Yutaki!

I was super surprised & happy to see him!
He had actually lied to us & said he was still overseas, so when the emcee said "Yutaki is in the house!" my face was just kind like... (-_-) *where she get her info from?!* 
Then I saw his yellow head bobbing through the crowd!

Moustache prop!


With Geck Geck who dropped by to say hi!

And this is my big luggage that I lugged to the flea!

Somehow it doesn't look so impressive here :(
But remember that I'm tall ok!
For some of you it might come up to your hips haha.

Kena photo-bombed by Qiuting & her ba-zhang.

Furry series of Polaroids!
Totally my idea ahem.

Got a letter from a reader, Gisella!

Omg I was so surprised! She also gave me Polaroid film & these cute paper clips!
Thank you Gisella! Super nice of you! :')
And yes I'm totally impressed by the cut-out letters hahaha. I'm sure the "S" was hard to do!

After the flea was done, Eric, Yutaki, Qiuting & I went for filming for TV3 Malaysia!
They were filming a travelogue episode on Singapore so we had a dinner scene where we showed them a place for good Halal food in Singapore! The Malaysian host of the show was Hanis Zalikha who's super pretty & only my age! FML what am I doing?


Filming was damn funny cause I kept joking how Yutaki should shout "YUTAKIS.COM!" into the camera hahaha. Sadly "sophiewillocq.blogspot.com" is far too long to shout in one breath haha.

The whole thing was damn casual & we didn't have to do/prepare anything so don't expect much lah... Think we'll appear on TV for maybe 5 seconds haha.

Collage done by Yutaki!

Qiuting, Eric, Yutaki, Hanis & I!

Pictures of some of the other Polaroids we took that day:


Yes I brought out A LOT of film O.O

I very, very rarely take Polaroids normally!
And I only have a few so I dunno where those I take go to lol.

Hehe me with random props.

And now pictures taken with the nice girls at the flea! :DDD
Thank you for coming, saying hi & uploading these pictures!

I took them off Instagram, Twitter & Formspring :)
I've included most except a few :X
It's not personal! 
I didn't take the pictures that were too dark/blurry or where I really didn't like how I looked lolol. 
No hard feelings! <3

Random mish-mash!
Spot yourself! ;)



This is Gisella!

This one looks decent despite me hating taking frontal/right-profile photos!
*happy*





Zomg what IS UP with my arm there?









Ok that's it I think!
Hope I didn't miss out any (except those blurry/I'm-too-ugly-in-them photos)! 

Thanks again for saying hi & for the pictures!
Hope you liked the flea & stuff you bought from me (if you did)! ;)

Hope I'll get to see you guys again soon! :D

9 comments on "Flea"
  1. Wanted to buy your stuffs but by the time I went there, I only saw you taking photos with many people and you helping Qiuqiu selling her stuffs. I thought you didn't sell it or you forgot to bring your stuffs LOL. All you items looked so pretty! Such a pity I didn't buy any of them at all. :(

    Anyway, you look super elegant in real life!! Plus friendly. :P I should have send in the pic I took with you too hahaha.

    Hope to see you again! I enjoyed reading your blog. =D

    Love from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sophie,

    Nice to meet you at the flea there. Unfortunately, even though I managed to survive through the crowd, I was a bit late :( In the end, manage to get your maryjulian dress at $2...And I remember you were so nice. I gave you a $5 piece and you gave me back 2 pieces of $2 change as you have no change...awww...so I got the dress for $1. I believe it was one of the last pieces in your luggage already. Everything were gone soooo fast.

    Finally I managed to take a pics with you, and really, you look gorgeous. Tu es tres gentille Sophie! :)

    Great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sophie , it's my pleasure to meet you !! Hope you will open another flea !! I didn't get to buy your stuffs when i reached there ! And thanks for taking picture with me . You're pretty and friendly !! Love , michelle ! @michlimminer

    ReplyDelete
  4. GraceKuro9:44 PM

    Hihi~

    I was so shocked to see my BIG FAT FACE featured at your blog post! The 2nd pic if i am not wrong.. LOL Bought a leopard print bangle from you as your luggage really left with nothing! At least i never ended up went there & get nothing back!! Good Deal! $1 only! Thanks lot Sophie.. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for interesting report! That's all sounds so аннтн and interesting and cool! I wish we have smth like this fleas in our place.
    But I think it's totally possible to organize. Maybe I'll do it some day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:43 PM

    ahaha when I read Gisella I thought "I don't remember going to the flea" lol especially cos I live in Italy!! It's always weird to find someone with the same name as yours... and I find Gisella isn't a common name after all!
    anyways, love the pictures! you look beautiful as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that I see the pictures of your stuff I'm bummed I didn't came earlier! I honestly thought we came quite early haha, but after seeing the massive crowd of shoppers I realised my timing was way off. There were literally people everywhere!

    I hope you enjoyed yourself and had a good time! It was very nice to meet you in person, and despite the fact that I hardly bought anything, it was a very fun experience (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sophie,

    I also like to buy some of those stuff...when are you going to this again? I am now so excited!

    tc

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:56 PM

    hey sop,
    which flea was this?
    im always looking out for fleas with a good crowd.
    the ones that i sign up for dont really attract much ppl. which is really hard to sell my clothes.
    do let me know! thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete