Top Social

Harajuku

Sunday, January 24, 2010
Hiiii finally got round to uploading photos from a fashion show I did recently. It was an event organised by Tangs, called Harajuku Street Style Showcase.

So basically we wore clothes from Japanese labels and had our hair done by this Japanese salon located at Ion called Jeric's if I'm not wrong.

They brought in Rei Shito, who is a celebrity street fashion photographer from Tokyo. This is her blog: Style From Tokyo.





It was quite fun cause for once I was surprised to see so many familiar faces. Usually I end up meeting all these seasoned foreign models and it's very hard to find any common topic to talk about ):

I was so confident that I wouldn't know anyone that I turned up at the 8am rehearsals in a black spag, shorts and worst of all, SPECTACLES. And my fringe up with a laopok wear-at-home hairband hahaha.

There was Shahirah Price, Shatricia Nair and Julie Tan from New Face (albeit not from my year) and a few others I'd seen around before, even one who is this other blogger's ex-boyfriend haha. If you happen to read her blog you'd recognise him. I read her blog sometimes so when I first saw him I was totally like Why does he look so familiar??
Even if I didn't know them, just them being LOCAL make sit a lot easier to have stuff to talk abouttttttt.

Pictures:

Some are blurry cause they're off Facebook and they were taken by the stylists/hairdressers with their camera phones -_-
I always laugh when people use their camera handphones cause it seems so pointless to me! Like so low-tech hahaha. Pictures always turn out blurry and dull and pixelated.












Haha for all those who spend so long trying to master the Lady Gaga hair bow... This was made by the hairdressers.






That's what they always use at shows to keep track of who's wearing what, who's coming out when, who has to change extra fast etc...
Try to spot me! So unglam hohohoho (btw that's not my own hairstyle, they were just trying out).

Changing area.





P.S. Doc Martens are damn uncomfortable! The leather totally cut into my skin, I got blisters just from a few minutes of walking?











By the way, if I look super tired/washed out in photos, it's cause ironically they pile on so much make-up that aims to make us look like we're NOT wearing make-up haha.
That meant NO EYELINER :o I think eyeliner+concealer are the 2 most important things in make-up! (Concealer especially for me cause of dark eye circles heheh..)



The hairstylists were so cute! Japanese people are so funny when they talk, there's so much "kawaii!" and "hai! hai!" (sorta like ok! ok!). And they're like so happy with whatever they create, they stare at my hair/their creation and go "perfect!". Generally they're just really chirpy!

They played someone's Ipod in the make-up room, and it was the same Michael Jackson songs over and over and over... I calculated, we must have heard Thriller about 6 times. But I am awesome like that cause I managed to wrestle over Ipod control.

Found some other photos using Google:








School tomorrow, bye bye!

P.P.S. Bought my new camera already! So happy with it!
Post Comment
Post a Comment