Top Social

Lavande

Sunday, August 10, 2014
If you used to read my very old blogposts from when I was a young(er), avidly shaving teenager (oh god that word) before ever having really met boys & dating... you might remember that one of my life goals (in all semi-seriousness) was... to be hairless from the neck down.

I despised body hair. I still do, but as it goes... once you get into stable relationship you stop caring whether your legs are shaved. Ironically or not.

I did however, start waxing. Brazilian to be exact, meaning ALL OFF.
At likely the most painful area you could wax at (I suppose).

It actually started out as a simple I-will-try-it-at-least-once-before-I-turn-21 thing with my friend Sherry & once we had begun, it made more sense to continue (it gets less painful).

Long story short, I have been waxing for 2 - 3 years now & a few waxing therapists (I have never quite figured out what to refer to them as) began recommending that I switch to IPL.

Hence I began IPL sessions at Lavande!

Citylink Mall
1 Raffles Link #B1-09A S(039393)
Tel:  6238 8529

Details for the current promotional deal at the bottom :)




Lavande is conveniently located at Citylink Mall (which is linked to Cityhall MRT), so it's really accessible for those working in the town area. Plus lots of food & shops to see before/after!

I stuck to only Brazilian IPL; since many of you enquire about how I "keep such white armpits", I must be doing ok there hahaha (and the answer is that I do nothing other than shave). And since it was my first time trying out IPL, I decided against the legs as it's a pretty large area.

So on to my 1st session!

The IPL machine, which has various settings depending on the hair area, hair type & so on.





Oh yeah you wear these old-school glasses to protect your eyes from the UV rays I guess haha.


For OBVIOUS reasons I can't show any before/afters so here are some pictures from the pamphlets!



LOLOL when I saw these I was like "WAH!" & then sent it to male friends I felt needed IPL.

#TheVampireGotTheGirlNotTheWerewolf
#SmartMenKeepTheirBodyHairInCheck

2nd session!
(I've only had 2 thus far & my 2nd wasn't that long ago)



Was given this white skirt to wear #IPLOOTD



This is why I need Invisalign.


Lolol artistic or not?
I must have looked real stupid squatting outside the shop taking pictures above a fake lavender bush but I'm kind of long past the stage of caring when people see me take selfies.



#ActualOOTD



By the way Lavande also provides eyelash extensions, which is done at their outlet right next door!
Really convenient to get a few treatments done all at the same time!
I haven't tried their eyelash extensions (don't have any interest in extensions anytime soon) but I know they use a special technique developed in Korea!

If you're curious, you can take a look at the Dreamlash Korea Facebook HERE.

****

Anyhow, here's to answer some quick FAQs again:

#1 DOES IT HURT?!
- Very minimally. It feels like a needle prick with each laser zap.
It is for one, definitely less painful than waxing.

#2 How long does it take?
- Really quick. The whole process took 10-15 minutes at most, which also includes some trimming & post-care & so on. Again, even faster than waxing.

#3 So what happens next?
- It takes about 3 weeks for the hair to start dropping. This is actually a mildly entertaining process.
It's not gross or anything as the hair is really short.

For actual thematics regarding IPL, IPL process & so on... please see Google.

I've had my second session already & the effect is definitely less drastic as compared to after the first, but that's also because there was much less hair to drop after the first treatment. Since starting IPL I haven't really had to shave/trim/wax as the growth is really minimal & by then, it's time for your next session! (recommended to be about every 4-6 weeks) Before your session you shouldn't trim TOO much anyway as the therapist needs to see the hair type & growth areas & so on.

****

I really quite like the IPL process so far & would definitely be considering it for other areas eventually. I used to wax my legs as well, so I'll consider IPL for a more long-term solution.

Promotion:

Brazilian IPL trial at S$138 (usual S$480) & get a FREE underarm IPL session as well.

Simply quote my name to qualify :)

Citylink Mall
1 Raffles Link #B1-09A S(039393)
Tel:  6238 8529

1 comment on "Lavande"