Top Social

From the hotel

Sunday, February 19, 2012
Photobucket
Bundled up in long & sensible clothing!

Photobucket
My hair has super bad static here in Tokyo! It sticks ALL OVER.
Sticks to my face, coat, shopping bags, hat...
I think it has something to do with the insanely dry climate. My skin dies in dry weather too.

Photobucket
Super big can of Coke from the Family Mart near our hotel! Hehe that's really what it's called.
We have a 7-11 right across the street too; no real preference between the two but Family Mart is on the way from our MRT exit (super near our hotel - props to me for sourcing out the hotel!)

Photobucket
The Tokyo subway map!
I think some of the train lines might not even be reflected on this map 
(the different lines are owned by separate private companies)

Photobucket
Hehe bought the ear muffs & bath sponge from Daiso! It's a 100 yen shop; 105 after tax - tax isn't included in shop prices but will be displayed on the price tag -> a bit bohliao. 
Might as well just put the final price instead of two prices!

The bath sponge is so useless @.@
1) I don't use a bath sponge.
2) I don't even like bathing.
(wahaha)

But so cute!

Thank goodness for shops like H&M/F21 that keep me sane. 
After too long in Tokyo you start to feel like S$60 items are CHEAP 
T_T
I will never complain about S$26 Far East Plaza/blogshop items again 
(or at least until I remember how much cheaper Bangkok is lol)

3 comments on "From the hotel"
  1. Anonymous11:54 PM

    i totally agree. after shopping in Japan for a week i find 2999~yen tops reasonably priced!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:40 PM

    Saw your posts about Tokyo and getting lost on the train line. I feel for you! I've been to Japan 4 times and the below have been invaluable in getting me around:

    1. http://www.jorudan.co.jp/english/norikae/

    Plug in your train stations (if you know the names) and it will tell you which line, rapid or not etc, if you need to transfer, length of trip and the cost of the trip. If you are visiting the major suburbs (Harajuku, Shinjuku, Shibuya etc) then you only need the Yamanote line and it's easy to navigate because it's a loop.

    2. Tokyo City Atlas

    http://www.amazon.com/Tokyo-City-Atlas-Bilingual-Guide/dp/4770025033/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1329826946&sr=8-2

    This is a life saver! Very detailed and most landmarks are labelled. Also tells you the number of entrances/exits in the major train stations in Tokyo which I have used to navigate as the street signs (or lack of them) are very confusing.

    Get yoursef to a bookstore or a Kinokuniya in Tokyo and ask for this. You might want to show the staff the cover or quote the ISBN as I've rarely found a Japanese person that speaks enough English to communicate.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:47 AM

    did you go to takeshita dori? there are a lot of shops selling clothes for 1000yen to 1500 yen! you should go to this shop calls momo by wonder rocket. what i like about japan is though their clothes not that cheap but the quality is really great & their service is amazing!

    ReplyDelete