Top Social

Halloween

Friday, November 05, 2010
So LAST YEAR... I was a prawn:
Photobucket

This year however for some reason the costume shop was closed when I reached at 6pm )': They told me to go to their outlet at Kallang Leisure Park so I did, but the choices there were so abysmal. Spent a long time deciding whether or not to waste $60 renting a costume anyway but I didn't want to end up with something dug out of my closet so... Bye bye $$$.

So anyway I was a... French Maid! Some people thought it was fitting just because I am half French haha.

Photobucket
I wanted to delete this photo at first because I didn't like it, but the Avatar girl on the right was just too priceless hahahaha.
Alaric's costume is Napoleon-themed. Think there might be other parts to the costume (e.g. pants, wig etc) because the original price of the costume is apparently $100+? Ridiculous.

Photobucket
At least I got to wear out my thigh-high stockings haha.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Addie had a super hard time sitting hahaha.

Photobucket
Caleb the dinosaur! We got Shaun's costume for him haha.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Minion!

Photobucket
With Diana!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Haha the skirt is mega pouffy with this layers of netting underneath it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
With Carmen!

Photobucket
Me on the right.

Photobucket
Me on the right acting cute.

Photobucket
Extreme Titillations.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Jagerbombs.

Photobucket
Made friends with the bartender that night!

Gah next year I hope I get to plan for Halloween earlier! Then hopefully I can make/buy one instead of renting one, or at least rent one out of a greater variety!

I saw surprisingly a lot of Super Marios and Geishas, and the usual number of Bunnies... Saw a Strawberry Shortcake, which I thought was cute! Also saw 3 guys who dressed up as the 3 little green aliens from Toy Story. And I actually saw a girl's crotch (from the front) because her nurse "dress" was that short. But overall the costumes were less skanky than last year! Last year I literally saw panties and bikini/bra tops.

And anyway totally unrelated but if you guys have been following the news/Twitter (hahahaha how sad that Twitter is now a comparable source of information...) you might have heard about how the Thomson IVF clinic mixed up sperms and so a couple wound up with a baby that only had the mom's DNA and some random guy's one...
(P.S. They realised because the baby had a different blood type from the parents, and also a different skin complexion. Imagine you're an Indian couple and out comes a Chinese baby. Win.)
I feel so sad for the couple! I can't imagine how it must be like to have yearned for a child for so long and you finally conceive through IVF and then now this. It must be really terrible for the father.

So anyway, I was reading the newspapers today and the Ministry of Health (MOH) only had this to say: We feel that the clinic can do better.

NO SHIT SHERLOCK.

K bye!
9 comments on "Halloween"
  1. Christine1:42 AM

    You look really good! Alaric must have felt like the luckiest guy on earth that night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:51 AM

    diana looks so different with short hair, still pretty :) addie's costume's cuteee too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:48 PM

    ur french maid costume looks almost skanky no offence!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine: Haha thanks! I showed your comment to him ^^

    Anonymous: Haha I think Diana looks quite ok with the black wig too!

    Oppa Will: That's because you're too stupid to tell that she's wearing a wig so keep your shitass comments to yourself as I delete ALL OF THEM anyway.

    Anonymous: It's only because of the cultural context of french maids today -_- The dress itself is not even revealing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:29 AM

    Are you mix? Like French and Chinese?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:33 PM

    Looks like a great Halloween. The prawn costume looks really cute.

    Anyway, have just started reading your blog and I'm really enjoying going through your previous entries. I really like the way you write.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Papiercup: Haha that's great! Thanks a lot (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. i googled "nus library" under images and i saw your blog. i must say your pictures are a sight for sore eyes when one is staying up and rushing out reports haha. Cheers and see you around school - random passerby

    ReplyDelete