Top Social

Wednesday, June 18, 2008
I'm so miserable I want to go home.

It's 1.20am here but I snuck into the study room. The computer is so fucking noisy.

It should be morning in Singapore, I was considering calling my mom to cry.

The neighbours have a grandson that I haven't seen in 3 years but talk to occasionally on MSN. Couple of days back, he turned up to visit his grandparents with his friend in tow. We talked a bit and it was settled, the past few nights I've been sneaking out, climbing over the fence to their room.

Today they messaged me to say they wouldn't be in tonight or any night for that matter, because they've gone home. And it was like my whole world came crashing down.

That's when I realised I've been so lonely these past few weeks. Every day I stare at the same 4 walls and my dad, whom I don't really get along with.

And for the first time, I ached so badly to go home to Singapore. I cried my heart out longing to be home and never having to come back.

I remember the exact moment I set my eyes upon my dad at the airport. My heart didn't go up, didn't go down, didn't move at all from where it was nestled in resignedness.

It's been 8 years since I began to hate coming.
Post Comment
Post a Comment