Top Social

Dyed my hair!

Sunday, April 21, 2013
Ok actually I dyed my hair around 2 weeks ago already but I don't think I've uploaded new pictures of myself since then anyway so it doesn't matter haha. Omg I'm a horrible blogger.

Anyway I went to Salon Vim bored of my hair & was at first thinking of highlights!
Then I don't know why I decided to dye my whole head a lighter brown.

I wanted hair like the girl on the left page, top right side! The one with the centre-parting.
Brown but slightly on the ashier side!
However I was quite worried about bleaching because I'm scared of the pain & damage, so we dyed my hair instead & it's not easy to achieve a lighter colour with just dyeing.

But yeah so my hair colour below involved no bleaching!

Getting the dye! That's my hairstylist, Stephanie!
At Salon Vim you'll be assigned one hairstylist, so he/she will get to know your hair condition & preferences more in-depth, rather than it being a different person each time!

And this part of the treatment! Steam helps to open up your hair follicles for the absorption of the reparative serums, followed by other serums to seal the follicles back, locking in the moisture.
Treatments really improve the condition of your hair a lot, so if yours is bad you should consider! And of course it requires doing masks & applying conditioner at home as well!

Here's my hair after dyeing! 
I had dip-dye ends previously so the ends are lighter, creating this ombre effect on its own hahaha.


After slight curling of the ends!

Ok this whole post involves pictures of just me :/
Which is also usually the norm here :/
Either I have camera-shy friends or... I have no friends :X
Hahahha



Instagramed this picture! But with the eyebags unedited haha.







After that I went to Joshua's (Qiuting's husband) studio to shoot for her Qweekly!
For the second issue she asked if she could shoot me for the cover haha so I agreed.
I took more pictures that day but I'll do it as a separate post :X
I get sick of seeing my own face too :X

Anyhow you can check out the issue of Qweekly HERE!

And so that day Qiuting gave me mermaid waves using a special 2-bump curling thong of hers.
She liked the effect a lot on me but I dunno... not my thing haha:


Yes my hair is rather long.
The other day I was zipping up my skirt & my hair actually got caught in the zipper O.O
Hahahaha. I know it requires no skill whatsoever but it's still somewhat of an achievement no?!
I like it long though!

The classic: pretending someone took a picture of you where you look unknowingly good/normal


If you want mermaid waves you could easily ask Salon Vim to style/perm you hair that way as well!

If you're keen to try Salon Vim,

313 @ Somerset Orchard Road 
#04-07/08/09
Contact: 68847757 68847767

Bugis 235/235A Victoria Street
Contact: 68370073/68370045

Opening Hours :
Monday to Friday 11am - 9.00pm
Saturday to Sunday 10.30am - 9.30pm 

Quote my name to get 10% off all salon services for your first visit! Subsequently you can join as a Salon Vim member, which will entitle you to 15% off for each visit! :)

12 comments on "Dyed my hair!"
  1. Gosh you look so good in mermaid wave! And this color is lovely <3 Love your hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how much lighter your hair is without bleach. It looks nice. Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new hair color! >u<
    Also love how you're only assigned one stylist, so that they can get to know you. *A*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:09 PM

    Such a lovely hair color! Your hair looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:45 PM

    Hey soapz usually which salon vim salon you go to? Can we asked for a hairstylist coz i am going this sat, made an appt but i am afraid i am appointed a guy hairdresser! Quite shy la having a guy doing my hair. And i'm glad the 15% disc for ur readers is still ongoing!

    - K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally go to the 313 @ Somerset one! Haha why it's just hair!

      Delete
  6. You look great in straight hair and also mermaid wave! Mermaid wave makes you look even more like a barbie doll!! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:46 AM

    QiuQiu is not the only one who liked the mermaid curls on you, so many of us do as you can see on her ig,haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow.. you look gorgeous. I like it ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:26 PM

    Hi Sophie! May I know which camera did you use in this post? (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous2:56 PM

    u look extremely pretty and girly at the qweekly photos..

    ^^

    ReplyDelete