Top Social

Thursday, November 29, 2007
Tuesday Nov27 2007; Straits Times HOME- Dragon Boat Tragedy:

Describing him as a "very, very nice boy", she said she was surprised to learn that he was from a single-parent family.

"You wouldn't know it. He was very positive and very confident," said Madam Ng, who also taught him Chinese.

WTF was my immediate reaction when I read that. Why the prevalent mindset that children from single-parent families are any different from others?
Must not having a mother/father warrant one a different outlook or attitude?

My parents have been divorced since I was 7 and have lived with my mom in a totally separate continent from my dad for the last 10 years. I have stepsiblings (who are more than twice my age) on my dad's side and a rather recurring pattern of divorces in my family history.

So because I have a dysfunctional family I should go around hating my life and the world because I was dealt the blow of lacking one parent.
Post Comment
Post a Comment