Top Social

dance

Saturday, February 06, 2010
I just dropped out of the dance item I'm in... I stood by the roadside for the longest time trying to decide.

It feels lousy to withdraw but I've started feeling this way for ages; I went one day for practice almost decided to drop out and then I found out another girl had just done that, so somehow I decided to keep trying.

Every week I dread the weekends because that's when dance is. Yesterday was the worst, I just somehow lost total and complete interest in the piece; I've never felt so "sian" going for practice before.

I feel like such a quitter but I try to reason with myself that even if I force myself to go, I can't ascertain that I can give the kind of commitment necessary for the next 5 weeks. And is there any point being in a dance piece you have to drag yourself to go for?

I've been in 2 SYFs before, both of which obviously required way more effort and time needed than this ever remotely would. I don't know why I didn't feel this bad then, and I wonder whether it's because then I didn't have the choice per se to quit (secondary school). So it feels as if now, once I have the ability to decide for myself, I choose the easy way out?

And then I think, maybe it's just time to let go. Depending on the genre I can be a not-bad dancer or a really crappy one (say, Hip Hop haha). I've been doing dance/rhythmic gym for so long, it seems weird to think I will stop doing it one day. Then I remember how some of my peers, especially the really good ones, have also stopped dancing when they could have continued.

So maybe if I feel like this now, it just means it's time to stop.

P.S. Sorry for the wordy post. If anyone read through all of it, thumbs up to you.
Post Comment
Post a Comment